np

1970DeepPurpleInRock.jpg

... a fucking masterpiece!

You introduced me to this. It is a masterpiece for sure :kickass:

This album annoys me. I want to like it but it sounds like they took electric wizards let us prey and rerecorded it.

Are you kidding me? I dont see a resemblance at all. They are so diverse from one another. Let us Prey has more memorable tracks and riffs, like my personal favorite We, The Undead and even that weird ass experimental track like Night of The Shape...But to say that they rerecorded the album is absurd.

There is a similarity, yes, because they both play heavy bass driven stoner doom, but the albums are definitely not the same.

Just heard a track on this sampler. I like the atmosphere. definitely will listen to more.

Their self titled is much better. After seeing them play Orchard live, it gives me a deeper respect for the album, but it just lacks the balls and heaviness that their self-titled had. That being said, I still love that album and band. Fucking heavy.

Yeah for me that windham album is just a flop for me. It's really long and does nothing electric wizard hasn't over and over, better. Is that better?

I dont know if better is the right word because its totally your opinion, but, this statement seems more accurate ;)

In all honesty it was a bit of a flop for me too initally, but I think for different reasons. More melody, less heaviness. Which turned me off initially, but the album grew on me the more I listened to it, and seeing them live last night sealed the deal for me. Their new material blended very well with the old live.