NYC/NJ area metal shows, coming up

where's the fucking Anthrax thread ... does not come up in search ... will try to get tix today for the 7th

everyone have theirs?

you guessed right ... fuck ... was in the city today and even thought of calling you. Jason said you will be there picking up tix for him ... did you?

if not ... pick me up a ticket ... or two .. I can paypal you the cash.

lurch70 said:
you guessed right ... fuck ... was in the city today and even thought of calling you. Jason said you will be there picking up tix for him ... did you?

if not ... pick me up a ticket ... or two .. I can paypal you the cash.

As jason just pointed out, it sold out today. And it must have been in the past couple hours because I checked at 1 PM and was able to pretend-purchase 6 tickets.

Fucking Nokia fucked me (and Jason & his buddy) on this; I called on Friday, they said 1) yes, the box office is open tomorrow (Sat., NYE) and 2) yes, there are still tickets available.

Well, the box office wasn't fucking open on Saturday, and now it sold out. I should call & yell at them, not that it will do any good...

I hate when Ticketmaster limits the amount of tickets you can buy for shows like this. I understand the really big names that sell out the Madison Square Gardens of the world, but Anthrax??

For the Children of Bodom show a few weeks ago in Philly, you were able to purchase 50 tickets at once, so it was really easy to gauge how close the show really was to selling out. Once it dipped below 50, I knew it was time to head back down to the box office a 2nd time.

Anyway dude, nothing you can do about it.

well ... i tell you what if you guys are game ... last Slayer show at the Roseland ... sold out ... I got tickets on the street for less then face value, as Slayer was getting close to hitting the stage ...
someone always comes last minute with a missing person or 2 in their party ...

so if we really want to go, I am sure we can get in for cheap.

lurch70 said:
well ... i tell you what if you guys are game ... last Slayer show at the Roseland ... sold out ... I got tickets on the street for less then face value, as Slayer was getting close to hitting the stage ...
someone always comes last minute with a missing person or 2 in their party ...

so if we really want to go, I am sure we can get in for cheap.

Not a terrible idea lurch but the problem is me and my friend Jim are in the Philly area and can't take a chance that we'd get all the way up there and not be able to get tickets. If I was in the NY area, sure, I'd give it a shot.