NYC report

unregistered

Jul 2, 2003
NEW YORK CITY
All Of Hypocrisy's Songs Sounded The Same. That Is To Say, They All Sucked Equally. Except For "erased." That One Was Pretty Good. The Band Did Play Together, I'll Give 'em That. Lousy Drummer.

Cob Was Pretty Good. Nothing Special Though. Keyboards Didn't Sound Right To Me.

Nevermore Was Great, As Always. Wd Didn't Appear Drunk. Loomis' Backup Vox Were Excellent. He's Got A Great Voice. Setlist, In Approximate Order (first Three Are Correct, As Is The Last One): Narcosynthesis, Seven Tongues Of God, Never Purify, River Dragon, I Voyager, Sound Of Silence, Engines Of Hate, Eor. Would Have Been Better With Something From Dnb, But Oh Well. Before "sound Of Silence" Wd Said He Smelled Pot. He Said It Must Be Because We In The Pit Listen To Sixties Music. That Comment He Made At Another Show About It Being Very Bad And Very Illegal Was Funnier, But This One Was A Good Segue To The Cover.

Dimmu Borgir Was Superb. Too Bad They Didn't Play That Long. Mostly Songs From The Last Two Albums. After They Left The Stage And Came Back, They Only Played A Couple More. So If You Left, You Didn't Miss Much.