Nevermore in Greece - glory and sadness

IOfTheStorm

Gogol Bordello
Mar 28, 2002
Athens-Greece
www.monolith.gr
First night in Athens:Mediocre performance
only 1 song from DNB ("No More Will" ..what a surprise..) 2 from same titled ("Sea Of Possibilities" "Garden Of Grey") 2 from POE ("7tongues" , "Lost") In Memory and the others were mostly crap from EOR and Dead Heart (ok they played engines of hate, and narcosynthesis which are good songs)
Warrel had a bad cold and he could not sing properly
Smyth's guitar was "buried" the guitars had NO SOUND.....
alas ...
Where is "The Learning" that was promised?

i dont think that the other guys were sick , because they were drinking their guts in a metal club after the show (all except dane and loomis), and it would be ridiculus to cancel the show

about Sunday's show:

It was DISASTEROUS

this was the REAL NEVERMORE THING , WD was the PERFECT PERFORMER that we saw in 1999 for example pure theatrical singing !

And the sound was crystal clear and bulldozer - powered!

highlight of the whole weekend:

T H E L E A R N I N G

bow!

I dunno how artist like Warrel do it.
When I am sick, I just wanna curl up into a ball & be alone.

He gets up onstage & SINGS.
Holy geez eh?

I talked to him on the phone when he was in Greece. He was all alone in his hotel & he did not sound well. But he got out there & performed.

And you guys are complaining?

I would like to see you do it. He has still got half of a tour to do. At least the band is out there giving their best. All for you. The fans.

I had a wicked lung infection, about 1000 degrees in the bar with 2000% humidity, I was so light headed all I could see on stage was red and purple and some shapes, god awful fucking night. Was hacking up so much phlegm I choked and barfed a couple times, made 'er through tho. Only thing I could eat was egg drop soup and gatorade for a week.:ill:

Mistress Masie said:
I dunno how artist like Warrel do it.
When I am sick, I just wanna curl up into a ball & be alone.

He gets up onstage & SINGS.
Holy geez eh?

I talked to him on the phone when he was in Greece. He was all alone in his hotel & he did not sound well. But he got out there & performed.

And you guys are complaining?

I would like to see you do it. He has still got half of a tour to do. At least the band is out there giving their best. All for you. The fans.
Exactlllllly MM. Its hard getting well on the road because if one person is sick,everybody is going to get sick (they are on the same bus and dealing with each other 24-7) Most fans aren't happy unless the band bleeds or dies on stage.... As Mistress M wrote,I would like to see anyone of you whiners do it. Angry Again

do I have a guilty conscience again (standard mode) or is it the mere old gastritis?...... hmm...... one leads to another, I guess....

can I apologize some more? thank you. :worship:

an ARTISTS' purpose is to perform whatever happens...i am 100% sure that all bands that have tours have one or more members sick at least once ...and i dont think that they cancel their current live performances when this happens.And i said "Warrel had a bad cold and he could not sing properly" ...and it was not a ..lethal disease or something ..it was just a cold wd had ..

IOfTheStorm, I don't think the msg was directed directly to you, it was more in general, msg for the fans...

I still have guilty conscience.... abvgdž (but that's normal....) whe should have been in Athens, I guess....

you should ...

and i should not forget what Warrel said at the end of the show "When we make our live album we will not put a picture of Wacken on the back of the cd" that was wild heheheahehaeh i wonder to who he was reffering to ...

an ARTISTS' purpose is to perform whatever happens...i am 100% sure that all bands that have tours have one or more members sick at least once ...and i dont think that they cancel their current live performances when this happens.And i said "Warrel had a bad cold and he could not sing properly" ...and it was not a ..lethal disease or something ..it was just a cold wd had ..

You must be right.......I give up>>>>>>>>

When you leave your parents basement for more then a day.I will agree with your tour theory<<<<

I hate this place now thanks to masterminds like you

with your judge mental knowledge of Music...

Good riddance

I forgot to take my final bow out of this place...

I'm glad its not on stage our IOfTheStorm would say I done it wrong or some critique

Elvis Ellis has left the Building

pff are you blind or you cannot read ?

My theory is based on live performances i saw by REALLY SICK musicians , who were not bitching like you , and telling me the same things.And these guys made tours through continents in contrast to you ..relax a little, and keep chewing the "leave your parents basement" (the camera you have in my house probably tells you were i live) caramel to think that you are special.

i wonder were i said bad things about Nev. or say " yes you should not be sick you retards" on this thread ...

Nikos told me they are strict with the cameras there, why's that? I mean, it is not that Turks are attacking or something...