O.K. Neverheadz thoughts on TestAmenT!!!

Well I guess my sig says it for me.

My two absolute favorite metal bands of all time are Testament and Nevermore.

I have said time and time again there should be a co-headline tour with both, give em' each two hours and rotate who is first and second on a daily basis. This is my dream tour....:headbang:

Cara and I were in a RiteAid in Texas quenching our thirst before a walk back to her house, and she was wearing a sexy Testament shirt. Upon approaching the counter to check out, the skeevy old rat-like man of a cashier says "Oh nice shirt, but do you know what Testament MEANS?" of course from there he went on a jesus loving bible rant which scared me so I sauntered away to safety.

Rock Soldier said:
but if he didn't get kicked out of Metallica he wouldn't have wanted to create a harder, faster, better Megadeth. kinda a endless circle there
But if he didn't get kicked out of Metallicrap, then he would have turned Metallica into Megadeth. He wouldn't have let Lar$ push him over like everyone else in the band did.

Wait, never mind, then Hammet would have still been in Exodus and that would have sucked ass

Pyrus said:
No. Stop rewriting history just because you don't like newer material. This isn't necessarily an evalutation of overall quality - popularity, originality and influence are the key.
Quality- The only good thing from Anthrax was Fistful Of Metal and the only good thing from Metallica was Kill Em All. That was for the Mustaine influence. Even then, Exodus' Bonded By Blood is waaaaaaay better.

Popularity- Neither band deserved that popularity which is why I said what I did.

Originality- Both bands were very derivitive from bands that existed before them. Mercyful Fate, Venom, Anvil, Raven, Angel Witch, Motorhead, Diamondhead etc

Influence- They only had that influence because of their popularity. There were bands that had much more influence on the metal scene then Anthrax and Metallica.
They had influence, but nothing would have changed if they never existed. While that could be said for the bands I said should have been in the Big 4 Of American Thrash, I think those bands (Testament, Megadeth and Exodus) had more of an impact on the true heavy and extreme metal scenes in their time and for future generations. For Slayer, metal would not have been the same if they were never around. Granted there were Venom and Mercyful Fate before them, which are bands I like even better and think they were more influential since they influenced Slayer, Slayer's sound was a mix of both bands which was not heard of in 1983 (on an album, not bands forming or releasing a demo).
So I don't think Metallica or Anthrax ever deserved their recognition and popularity. But most bands that get that kind of recognition do not deserve it, except for Maiden and Priest. I'm just saying what I think it should have been. I'm not trying to re-write history or anything like that.

One of my favourites. First Strike Is Deadly is one of my favourite songs, ever. Especially the last minute or two, turned up with extra bass...insanely powerful.

Yo Metal Head 87 -

Is the 87 a reference to the year you were born, or the year that you graduated high school? 'Cuz if it's the year that you were born, you need to stfu because you sound like a 19 year old talkin' outta your ass. If it was the year that you graduated high school, then it's obvious that you were listening to "Talk Dirty To Me" in a loop while the rest of us real metalheads were moshing to "Damage Inc." and "Indians".

Sorry, but it had to be said.

It was the year I was born.
Indians and Damage Inc are both crappy songs. I'd rather listen to A Mansion In Darkness and Wake Up Dead.

I love Testament. Reign Of Terror = one of the most incredible thrash songs ever written. But my favourite album has to be The Gathering, James Murphy ftw.

Metal head87 said:
It was the year I was born.
Indians and Damage Inc are both crappy songs. I'd rather listen to A Mansion In Darkness and Wake Up Dead.

Close your butt, dude. It's starting to stink in here. :puke:

I think the stink is coming from your taste in music.
Although you like Nevermore, so you obviously have some good taste.

Testament is definatly one of the better thrash bands of the 80's... the new order was one of the first thrash albums i ever bought and to this day one of my all time favorites! i cannot wait to see them at starland in october, will be the first time!

fading said:
I seen them when they were called 'The Legacy'. They were awesome in the small place I seen them at. I also got to see them at a club called Jezabels in Anahiem, Cali. Aweseome!

It's nice to know that I'm not the oldest person in here. :)