O/T Aerosmith and Motley Crue show

AstroCreeper

Apr 3, 2005
Las Vegas
I got some comp tickets froma client today for the show at the MGM this Saturday. I haven't seen either band live in years, so I'm wondering if anyone has seen them somewhat recently, and how the show was.
If it sucks, at least I didn't pay for the tickets lol

DarrellDethSDMF said:
I hate Motley Crue with passion, but Aerosmith is still rocking!

woah woah woah. Motley Crue have a handful of decently written aor friendly rock/pop songs.

BUT THE REST OF THEIR CATALOGUE IS WORSE THAN GARBAGE !!!

The only good thing about their set is that, living in Vegas, you're probably gonna see alot of tits.

i still like the first 2 crue albums and, have since they were released i don't know much about the rest of their catalog.

i seen a recent areosmith live cd from the hard rock at best buy and it had some great old tunes on it inc "seasons of wither" so they may do a pretty good set list.

I'd pay to see that show. I like their first two albums also plus Dr. Feelgood. The venue closest to me- the Crue aren't playing- so let us know how it is. Aerosmith would be worth it by themselves but I wouldnt be getting free tix. Maybe they'll have a cool special guest that evening.

Never seen smith live but I def prefer the 70s heroin stuff.

the Crue were pretty good on the Max Rock but no Anthrax. One thing I like about the Crue is that their cover of Anarchy in the UK was much better than Megadeth's.

Motley Crue was my first concert, so they'll always be cool in my book. I saw Aerosmith a couple of years ago, when they toured with KISS, and they were great!

MikeyBong said:
Motley Crue was my first concert, so they'll always be cool in my book. I saw Aerosmith a couple of years ago, when they toured with KISS, and they were great!
When I was a kid I was crazy for the "Too Fast For Love" album, so I still like to hear that.... and "Shout at the Devil"
...but they died after that for me.

DumbAss said:
When I was a kid I was crazy for the "Too Fast For Love" album, so I still like to hear that.... and "Shout at the Devil"
...but they died after that for me.
I hear that alot, but I still love 'em!:headbang:

Aerosmith will Kick ass until they play new music and then everyone whose standing will grab a seat......
Yeah that's unfortunate, i've never been into Aerosmith that much but much like other bands (Anthrax for instance) it seems no matter how good their new material is "fans" only want to hear the old stuff, even if the new is better and shows great progression. To me that's not a real fan. I haven't heard new Aerosmith though so maybe it sucks, I can't judge. I did see Aerosmith live once with openers BROTHER CANE. Remember these guys? I kinda liked them, they went away with hair-metal but I thought their album was alright.

Yeah that's unfortunate, i've never been into Aerosmith that much but much like other bands (Anthrax for instance) it seems no matter how good their new material is "fans" only want to hear the old stuff, even if the new is better and shows great progression. To me that's not a real fan. I haven't heard new Aerosmith though so maybe it sucks, I can't judge. I did see Aerosmith live once with openers BROTHER CANE. Remember these guys? I kinda liked them, they went away with hair-metal but I thought their album was alright.

The difference between Aerosmith and those other bands is Aerosmith's new stuff really does suck.

The difference between Aerosmith and those other bands is Aerosmith's new stuff really does suck.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with ya. I've never heard a bad Aerosmith album, new or old. The closest they've ever come to releasing a bad album, IMO, is Rock In A Hard Place, and that had it's good moments.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with ya. I've never heard a bad Aerosmith album, new or old. The closest they've ever come to releasing a bad album, IMO, is Rock In A Hard Place, and that had it's good moments.

yeah like "jailbait" that song rocks

best under rated album is done with mirrors :headbang:

Reactions: dailyvault
I saw this tour twice. I always always liked the Crue and have seen them put on good shows. Playing with Aerosmith though really exposed them though. They came across real cheesy. Vince was absolutely terrible. The were too loud. It was just too much echoe and it sounded so muddy. Plus they couldn't keep up with the pathetic backing tracks..

Aerosmith was fucking incredible! They played mostly 70's stuff, some deep cuts too not just the hits. They also played a couple songs from their last release honkin On BoBo which I think is easily up their with the 70's stuff.. I think they only play like 2 songs from the 90's era and they switch their setlist up a bit. Since they are co-headlining they only play about 15 songs a set. Through the tour they have played about 35 different tunes....