O/T Aerosmith and Motley Crue show

They also played a couple songs from their last release honkin On BoBo which I think is easily up their with the 70's stuff..

Honkin' On Bobo gets trashed a lot, but I thought it was a nice return to their blues roots, and having Jack Douglas produce it really brought them full circle!

Honkin' On Bobo gets trashed a lot, but I thought it was a nice return to their blues roots, and having Jack Douglas produce it really brought them full circle!

Really?? I haven't heard anyone trash anything but the name. That album kicks some fucking ass. I know all teh hardcore Aero fans love it. On teh boards and stuff everyone holds it up with the 70's stuff.

Baby Please Don't Go
Shame Shame Shame
Back Back Train
Stop Messon Around
I'm ready
You Gotta Move

Damn that shit rocks!!

Really?? I haven't heard anyone trash anything but the name. That album kicks some fucking ass. I know all teh hardcore Aero fans love it. On teh boards and stuff everyone holds it up with the 70's stuff.

I don't post on the Aerosmith boards, but the fans that I know personally all hate the album! I can't figure out why?!:erk:

The fact that people still gives a fuck about Aerosmith and Crüe makes me confused.

Because Aerosmith still kick ass live and they are one of the greatest American rock bands ever. They have been kicking ass for 35 years... Minus a few horrific ballads and the superbowl performance.

Because Aerosmith still kick ass live and they are one of the greatest American rock bands ever. They have been kicking ass for 35 years... Minus a few horrific ballads and the superbowl performance.

Yeah, the Superbowl was pretty bad!:erk:

karrokid said:
best under rated album is done with mirrors :headbang:

THANK YOU... someone else other than me realizes that disc gets shit on for no reason. Tracks like "Reason A Dog," "Let The Music Do The Talking" and "My Fist Your Face" just slam home for me. Yeah, they were still getting clean, but for a band who was literally one step away from the gutter, this brought them back home.

Well, hmmm, I have plenty of random thoughts after this show.....
The Crue seemed ok to me, but I agree, it was a bit too loud and somewhat muddy. I was a bit surprised, because I've rarely seen the opening band have as much pyro and effects as MC used. Vince was, well Vince. I get a chuckle out of the way he basically sings every other word now. A fact that I resisted razzing him about the day after (more on that later).
I hate to say it, but Aerosmith was, uh sort of, dull.
Ok, maybe that blasphemous, but hey, I'm just being honest. Apparently they have some kind of deal or sponsorship with NASCAR, because they sure talked about it alot during the show. In fact, the lyrics to Back in the Saddle were changed to include NASCAR references. During the song, I turned around and noticed to huge drop down screens. The screens were showing the freaking lyrics! Does this mean that Steven Tyler needs a damn teleprompter now? I never was a huge fan, and this show didn't do anything to change that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not slagging them, but they just don't do it for me! Maybe I just caught them on an off night. And yes, I did notice the lack of crowd energy for new songs.
Ok, quick background notes: I make my living by dealing with autographed merchandise, and I run live and silent auctions for a few organizations, one of which is TJ Martell. Vince Neil's charity is run through TJ Martell. Anyway, one of my annual events is his charity poker tournament inside the Joint at the Hard Rock hotel. Good crowd this year. More celebs than usual, which was nice because that draws more people and makes the charity (and ME!!) more money.
One funny note: As I was setting up, Vince and some others came by to check things out, and as we were BS'ing, he points at one of my pieces and says DUDE GET THAT OUT OF HERE. I had forgotten that he and Axl aren't the best of buddies, and I had brought one of Axl's stage shirts with me. OOOPS!!

Apparently they have some kind of deal or sponsorship with NASCAR, because they sure talked about it alot during the show. In fact, the lyrics to Back in the Saddle were changed to include NASCAR references.

They changed the lyrics??? That sucks! I don't care how much money NASCAR threw at them...that's wrong!

I hate Aerosmith. All of their songs sound the same to me? Everytime I hear "Love in an Elevator" "Dude looks like a Lady" "Crazy" or "Cryin" it drives me one step closer to shooting myself and everyone around me. (Not in that order of course)

They changed the lyrics??? That sucks! I don't care how much money NASCAR threw at them...that's wrong!

They were filming a thing for NASCAR. After that they sang the song they played the song again in it's original form.

I hate Aerosmith. All of their songs sound the same to me? Everytime I hear "Love in an Elevator" "Dude looks like a Lady" "Crazy" or "Cryin" it drives me one step closer to shooting myself and everyone around me. (Not in that order of course)

Dude, there is something wrong if you are judging Aerosmith by those songs... They were releasing kick ass music for 14 years before "Dude Looks like A Lady" ever came out. All those songs were a sad era for Aerosmith.. That would be like judging Alice Cooper for the "Trash" album or some of his eightees stuff.. Or "Hey Stoopid" and "The Man Behind The Mask"

Aerosmith 1973 - Awesome
Get your Wings 1974 - Awesome
Toys In The Attic 1975 - Awesome
Rocks 1976 - Awesome
Draw The Line 1977 - Awesome
Live Bootleg 1978 - Awesome
Night In The Ruts 1979 - Awesome
Rock In A Hard Place 1982 - Good
Done With Mirrors - 1985 Good
Permanent Vacation 1987- Hit and Miss
PUMP 1989 - Blah
Get A Grip 1993 - They released ALL the crappy songs as single. There were a couple good ones on there.
9 Lives 1997 1997- Hit and miss. A few real good tunes
Just Push Play 2001- Fucking terrible
Honkin On BoBo 2004 - Great stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Social Distortion
One funny note: As I was setting up, Vince and some others came by to check things out, and as we were BS'ing, he points at one of my pieces and says DUDE GET THAT OUT OF HERE. I had forgotten that he and Axl aren't the best of buddies, and I had brought one of Axl's stage shirts with me. OOOPS!!
Dude Vince's cheeseburger beer drinking fat ass needs to get over it when money is going to charity.