O/t Hockey!!!!

Bass Fellow

Feb 7, 2002
Downtown
Visit site
Haven't posted in a while, I love Anthrax but I've seen enough shit on here to know that almost any new thread is a good thread. GO RED WINGS. Fuck whoever says we bought our team, we had people taking pay cuts to be on our team. Take that Giambi. Unfortunately, this is the Stanley Cup... whoever wins this round are the real champs. Sorry about your 'yotes Brat but don't listen to the sewing circle....GO WINGS.

Hi
I sure hope the Red wings win the cup this season, because
this is probably their last chance with this team as it is.
Just look how "old" the following keyplayers are.
What's gonna happen with the team when suddenly all their keyplayers retire at the same?
Wich redwing player will then "step up" and take care of scoring in big and important games. Someone please tell me that.

Name, age

Centers

Sergei Fedorov 32
Igor Larionov 41
Steve Yzerman 37

Left wing

Luc Robitaille 36
Brendan Shanahan 33

Right Wing

Kris Draper 30
Brett Hull 37
Darren McCarty 30

Defense

Chris Chelios 40
Steve Duchesne 36
Nicklas Lidstrom 32
Fredrik Olausson 35

Goaltender

Dominik Hasek 37

Don't worry, when they retire I'm sure the Red Wings will just buy new players. Sorry, but I have to say that I hope anybody but Detroit wins, or it's going to make the mercenary mentality of professional sports even worse.

Remember when players played an entire career with one team? When there were real rivalries between neigboring cities because the players on each side lived in the city themselves, and had played on the team for more than a couple of seasons so they actually knew the opposing team in order to have a rivalry?

Now, players and owners are loyal to only one thing...money. Players aren't loyal to the teams. Teams aren't loyal to the cities (look how many owners hold the city for ransom, threatening to move the team if the city doesn't give them a new stadium).

Stevie Y is the only player on the Red Wings that I respect, because he has shown longterm loyalty to the team. Of all the NHL teams, Detroit and the NY Rangers are the worst perpetuators of this system...at least the Rangers got what they deserved.

All right, there's my rant for the week. :)

My 'yotes did it to themselves. Well, their owner, GM and coaching staff did it to them, but still. It's an internal thing. Maybe one day they'll wake up and stop relying on rookies and draft picks. Until then, I'll just watch the rest of you talk about teams that actually matter. :lol:

It's all a crock of shit. Colorado loses the Rockies to New Jersey, and them takes the Nordiques from Quebec City. Atlanta loses the Flames to Calgary, but then gets an expansion team, similar to Minnesota.

With all the teams that have moved, it was never about a lack of support for the team...otherwise why would people choose to go back to cities that had already lost teams. No, it was all about greed. Who will build me a stadium for free? It doesn't matter that the team is leaving a city that already packs the house. Perhaps the only exception to this was the Hartford Whalers...but that was a real good move, as Carolina is leaving empty seats in the Eastern conference final! At least Winnipeg could fill its stands, but the fans don't seem to matter, do they?

I do find it funny that baby Lindros refused to play for the Nordiques, insisting on playing for a bigger market contender, only to get traded to Philly and done nothing while the Nordiques moved to Colorado and proceded to win the cup.

Yeah, every year when the Coyotes make the playoffs, yes I know they never get out of the first round, but the week before the games start, they start showing on the news and doing articles about some person in Winnipeg who still has Jets shit all over their house and wears the jerseys and paints their face and shit like the Jets are still there and they go on and on about how they'll always be the Jets in their hearts...Not the best PR Canada could get, I'm sure... :lol:

The Jets never made it out of the first round when they were in Winnipeg, either. Heck, when they were in the Smythe division, they usually drew the Oilers in the first round, so they were dancing in the streets when they won a single game. :lol:

But fans are fans, how are you going to make them stop being fans of the thing they grew up loving? Are you going to stop being an Anthrax fan if they ever (god forbid) break up?

Forsberg is the best player in the world, Roy is the best goalie and Blake and Foote are top 5 defensemen in the league ... nuff said. Not only that, they are way more fun to watch than the golden age wings... :lol:

Plus they have a cool logo! (Brentney is gay - he probably likes the gayest of all logos: the Senators... :) )

Avs will prevail in 7 games

Hehe, poor Coyotes... You really have one of the worst arenas Brat! That second balcony and the white-stuff-waving really suck :p
But the team ain't that bad... you lost Roenick and Thachuk and still made the playoffs! Kudos!

Avalanche will destroy the Wings! Mark my words!

Peace!

The arena is like that because it was built for the Suns, the Coyotes came years later. That's why the seats are purple. Their arena is being built in Glendale (if they even started it yet), way the fuck out there so that I probably won't be going to any games once they move. The good thing about the second level is that since the views are restricted you can get in for like $5-10 and then move to a better seat right after the second period starts. Now, as for the white-outs, luckily that only happens during the playoffs. All four games of them!!! :lol: I do have a white jersey, but I'll be damned if I'll buy a pom-pom. Have to draw the line somewhere.