O/T It's a fucking warzone on the MetallicA board....

GregadetH

ENCYCLOPEDIA SLAYTANICA
Mar 13, 2002
Your FKN' face!
Visit site
These PPL have no idea of what fandom is all about. I tried to explain that you can like new school, old school, it didn't matter - cause we were all still MetallicA fans......which is pretty much how we all co- exist here on this board. Cause we are ALL fans of some form of the band known as ANTHRAX. They don't listen. It's like FLAME CENTRAL over there or something. It's actually quite fucking funny.Oh well, at least I won't be ball busted here for proclaiming my liking of the song St. Anger.

Horns Up to you all! You are all good fans and better PPL!

GregadetH

It was crap. A disjointed mess, and a blatant attempt to sound like System Of A Down.
Fat chance of Lars playing that live. Oh, and I love Lars' new "hard" look.
More like St. Faker.

Its funny just observing the metallica boards. Most of them are soo closed minded about music. They all think Kirk Hammett is the greatest guitar player of alltime. They all think Metallica is the greatest band of alltime. They all think James Hetfield is the greatest singer of alltime. They flame almost everyone who says otherwise. But then again what am I to expect when Im viewing a Metallica Board? I wish some of them would judge other bands and musicians without showing bias towards Metallica.

I watched the video last night and I thought St. Anger was a good song. It's different, but at least it's not in the same vein as Load and Reload. It's the heaviest song since anything from ...And Justice For All. Hopefully, Metallica can get metal back to what it used to be. :headbang:

anthrax_moshing_maniac said:
Most people on the metallica board are 14 years old and jerk off over pissing people off!!

Damn, times have changed. when I was 14 I was jerking off to pics of women getting the "pipe" layed to 'em. Kids theses days. Not one single decent pervert among them. :Spin:

For real, I think the PPL on the Met board just need to chill....is it worth getting that damn mad?

Nope.

Posted by Mr. Wu :

"It was crap. A disjointed mess, and a blatant attempt to sound like System Of A Down.
Fat chance of Lars playing that live. Oh, and I love Lars' new "hard" look.
More like St. Faker."

Thats a bunch of bullshit, system of a down has a strange, heavy, fun, demented middle eastren sound, I don't see how you could compare St. Anger to any S.O.A.D song, If it sounds like any band It reminds me of Anthrax, especially the heavy mosh riff, nice and heavy :)

I've heard people compare S.O.A.D to New Metallica because of the loose snare Lar is using, which I think is a nice addition. I have a pretty good feeling Metallica doesn't have any need to copy of anyone...

You know, people complain that those who listen to Metallica now don't know their back catalogue, but I don't buy it. They still push thousands of copies of each of their olders albums each WEEK. Are there really THAT MANY people who like their later material who don't know they have been around a while? It's not like they try to hide it. They want to sell their old shit too.

This is old but I imagine the trend is still pretty much going:
http://www.metal-sludge.com/SludgeScansMay00.htm

Believe me Chris528 I know just how you feel... I was a Metallica fan HIGHLY dissapointed with and justice for all, so the black album made me fucking puke, gone through 10 years of hating a band I use to worship and that sucks. St. Anger is no Master of Puppets but its a GIANT step in the right direction, I am looking forward to buying this album, and looking REAL forward to the next CD with Rob helping !! very exciting !!

Ragamuffin said:
There's others.

I just meant about the premeire of the song. Its pretty funny over at the Megadeth Anarchy board. There's millions of different threads about it and people's heads are exploding.

I think die-heard megadeth fans are bitter with metallica because they told him to hit the road with his substance abuse problem.

For crying out loud. I used to love Megadeth. At first, they were the shit, but after R.I.P., they just straight up blew. They tried to follow in Metallica's footsteps but it just didn't work. No soul.

jdelpi said:
You know, people complain that those who listen to Metallica now don't know their back catalogue, but I don't buy it. They still push thousands of copies of each of their olders albums each WEEK. Are there really THAT MANY people who like their later material who don't know they have been around a while? It's not like they try to hide it. They want to sell their old shit too.

This is old but I imagine the trend is still pretty much going:
http://www.metal-sludge.com/SludgeScansMay00.htm

I checked out the link. It says Garage Days Re-revisited only sold 2300 copies ever??? Is that accurate? It doesn't seem right. i thought they sold a few more copies than that. I know it's been out-of-print for a long time. I actually have that CD from 1987. Wow.

Having just watched the latest Metallica video, I can truly says that that song isnt that great. There is NOTHING special about it. Safe Home is such a better song than St. Anger but I wonder which song will be played more on the radio?It does change a lot which is cool, but some of those sections remind me of other bands. One riff sounds like something fear factory or any other heavy band has played. Lars is soo comical in the video, i cant tell if he is trying to look tough or if he' trying to take a shit. This whole "no solos" concept is already turning me away. You have a solo in a song to show off your guitar prowess. Bands who dont have solos are bands with crappy guitar players, Metallica DOESN'T have crappy guitar players. I think they are relying on people just knowing they are good guitar players and their halfassing this album by not put any in.

GASOLINEDREAM said:
I checked out the link. It says Garage Days Re-revisited only sold 2300 copies ever??? Is that accurate? It doesn't seem right. i thought they sold a few more copies than that. I know it's been out-of-print for a long time. I actually have that CD from 1987. Wow.

Those numbers are since 1991. I am pretty sure the front page of Sludge Scans says that. So actually, it's pretty funny to think that a few years after the album of one of the most popular bands in the world went out of print, 2300 people were able to find it new in major record stores.