O/T: Zakk Wylde on Limp auditions

bRaTpRiNcEsS

Feb 4, 2002
Past the Point of Caring
Visit site
From the Pantera Board:

Here is what Zakk Wylde had to say about the Limp Bizkit guitar auditions:

“When that came to the LA Guitar Center, I was hanging out with [SLAYER guitarist] Kerry King. We were like, 'Why don't we go down there and try out?' Now, imagine that. Me with my big beard and Kerry with his bald, tattooed head in a line with a bunch of wannabe losers to play in a band that features no talent at all now that [ex-LB axeman] Wes [Borland] left. All I wanted to do was get in there. If I would have, I would have had to lay an ass-whoopin' on that f*cking no-talent Fred Durst that he wouldn't soon forget. That band is such an embarrassment. To call that metal is just disgusting. I know that Wes left that band because he knew that he'd made his money and couldn't take further embarrassment of being associated with such trash. Those guys just suck.”

And here is a reply, no idea how accurate this is, but it wouldn't surprise me:

"You wanna hear somethin really bad? When people were signing up for auditions, they had to sign an agreement that said anything they play while auditioning is from then on property of Limp Bizkit. Keep in mind, to audition, you HAD to play original shit. So whatever you play in there, they can keep and use for their next album and it's perfectly legal. So essentially they went around and collected material for their next album."

:lol:

hell yeah zack! that is bullshit though about durst steeling the songs!1 no fucking way would i do that shit

Faze- Like the Phantom of the Paradise pic! God, I haven't seen that movie in so long it took me a moment to figure out where I had seen it before. A great movie by a great director (Brian DePalma) that nobody has seen.....

j

Zack Wylde sucks. He is a no talent hack that would be no where if not for riding on Ozzys coat tails. He is a narrow minded bitch who envys Freds success. Now dont get me wrong Limp aint the greatest band of all time but they got some things I like. And I dont care what you all say so flame me all you want.
Also I dont think they were getting material for their new album but rather covering their asses so some Schlep in California doesn't say " Hey I played that lick in my audition and they stole it." Weather it would be true or not it would then be a big legal battle.

It is %100 true about the legal document that all applicants auditioning had to sign to audition. No previous played or written original song was allowed, no cover tune was allowed, and no Limp Bizkit song was allowed to be played. This means that the person audtioning could only play something brand new, and it also stated in the contract that once you have played it and we have recorded it, you can not use that piece of music again! It also stated that if you used the music that you played later on that you would be violating the contract you signed and would be in trouble with the Limp Bizkit lawyers. What bRaTpRiNcEsS said is %100 true, Limp Bizkit's new album should be called "Auditions" I wouldn't have believed it cause it sounds so far fetched, but I personally went down to guitar city the day that they were here in Utah and read the contract myself! What a joke! Somebody should have gone in and played a bunch of Kenny Rodgers riffs to see if Da Limp would try to lift em!

I was gonna go to audition just to see if I'd make it. My whole intention was to make it and then quit mid-tour. I'd get into a brawl with Fred right there on stage and storm off and start a real band. I never went through with it when I found out about them owning the rights to whatever you played. There's no legal precaution about that. All it is, is searching for riffs from young kids across the USA.

Originally posted by Jeffasin
Faze- Like the Phantom of the Paradise pic! God, I haven't seen that movie in so long it took me a moment to figure out where I had seen it before. A great movie by a great director (Brian DePalma) that nobody has seen.....

j

Thanks! Yup, Phantom of the Paradise is a great movie. Can you believe it's on DVD now? I just found out. I'll be buying it later today.

Good to see someone else who knows this movie!

Originally posted by Fazelinear

Thanks! Yup, Phantom of the Paradise is a great movie. Can you believe it's on DVD now? I just found out. I'll be buying it later today.

Good to see someone else who knows this movie!

I've heard so much about that movie over the years, what is the movie actually about? Sounds cool, I've liked most of Brian DePalma's movies. Can you give me a brief description?

Cheerz!

Originally posted by augdawg2

I've heard so much about that movie over the years, what is the movie actually about? Sounds cool, I've liked most of Brian DePalma's movies. Can you give me a brief description?

Cheerz!

Here's a link that describes the movie in its entirety.http://www.shadows.com/mortado/phantom/phantom1.htm

You might just want to see a page or two to see what its like. It would spoil it for you if you read it all. It really don't do the movie justice. IMO