O/T: Kiss / Aerosmith tour a reality

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
The Pittsbrugh Post Gazette has confirmed a 08/21/03 at the Starlake Ampitheatre featuring Aerosmith and KISS. Eddie Trunk reports that KISS will play first every night. For all of you who have wondered what was so legendary about both bands, now is your chance to see both in one night. People will call this both bands milking the USA, but really folks, you can't think of too many bigger titans in American rock'n'roll to co-headline a summer tour.

I think this tour would benefit greatly from playing mostly weekends, or atleast Thurs-Sun each week, because in order for both bands to play, the shows are going to have start early and end late, which means, it is either going to be hard for the working man to get there on time, or get up the next day for work.

AlexStomp said:
sleep is a luxury

Sleep is a luxury, but we're talking, in markets where there isn't a curfew at the venue, these shows could last until 1am, and then you've got the usual clusterfuck of getting 10,000 cars out of a parking lot and onto the highway, plus whatever your commute is.

The other side of the token is venues like Polaris in Columbus, where shows MUST end at 11pm, and you've got two bands playing full 2 hour sets, plus set change time, KISS we'll have to play at 6pm or 6:30. If a person gets off work at 5pm, good luck getting out of work, to the venue, and into the show on time. You see what I'm saying.

Polaris? You mean Germain Amphitheatre? haha
I met Rick Germain a few days ago really quickly. I also met Jim Tressel. I drove them somewhere really quickly. Jack Hanna told me not to kill the coach. I'd have to move to that state to the north if I did.

BTW, Polaris traffic fucking sucks. Glad I don't live around there.

Polaris traffic is horrendous. "Hey, let's build a shopping mall next to a 20,000 seat ampitheatre w/ one exit ramp from the highway" Fuckin' idiots run the show in Ohio (Bob Taft, I'm looking in your direction) I think if Polaris, er I mean Germain were in Columbus, Micheal Coleman (a great mayor) would have fixed that bullshit situation, but the amp. is actually in Delaware County. The traffic isn't just an inconvenience, it's a safety hazard. If you had some serious ailment, or were car jacked in one of those 2 hour plus traffic jams, you'd be screwed.

AlexStomp said:
Now I know where to go to car jack someone.

I've never seen anything else like it. You can get thru the Lincoln or Holland tunnel quicker than this thing. And instead of creating more exit ramps, they just build more stuff to make people want to use the one exit ramp they have. Waiting to get into the Who show, we were able to get out of the car, go in a bar &/or gas station, take a piss and buy beer, and return to the car and traffic HADN'T moved. It was hysterical, but shitty, because, although we got to the exit to the venue one hour before the show, we still missed all of Robert Plant, and barely made it to the Who.