O/T St Anger the song a let down?

wullief

Macho Pimp Stud
Oct 18, 2002
Glasgow, Scotland
Visit site
I know this has probably been up before but i was at my mates watching the rock video channel kerrangtv and up came st anger. To be honest i was excited at first as i do like metallica (i even enjoyed load for crying out loud) but i was fairly disappointed with the song it was too stop and start and it just seemed messy. I even made sure i watched the video a couple of times and it hadnt grown on me to be perfectly honest. Even my ex said to me that she didnt like it and she is a huge metallica fan. So what is everyone elses views.

i am in the position of not being a huge metallica fan,so i was pleasantly surprised with the song,it aint brilliant but its alot better than all the other shit they have released in the last 10 years or so!

they wont get my money for the album but they will always get my money when it comes to live shows.

I think Metallica doesnt even need to make new music anymore. They have plenty of songs to perform. Most of their fans would much rather hear the old stuff. A tour alone would make big bucks for them, a new album is unnecessary especially when most people think their newer stuff sucks. Them conforming their sound to be like nu metal/today's hard rock is very unnecessary.

Download it whether or not it's good. And listen to it for free.
And, whatever you do, don't spend a single cent on Metallica!
They fucked their fans, so no it's time to fuck them!!

Oh, yeah. The song "St. Anger" was okay. Not good, and definitely not great.

Lame attempt in trying to capture a nu metal vibe. Sounds like shit, anyone with ears will recognize it was overdone with Pro Tools. No real playing is involved in that album. Shame on Nu Metallica, new kings of mall metal

It's a step in the right direction but the song still sucks. I might be able to look past it if they would tour with a band like Anthrax, Black Label Society, Slayer, ect. but they choose Limp Bizkit (bah) and other Nu Metal shit bands instead.

astroboy said:
Lame attempt in trying to capture a nu metal vibe. Sounds like shit, anyone with ears will recognize it was overdone with Pro Tools. No real playing is involved in that album. Shame on Nu Metallica, new kings of mall metal

It's a little early for me to form an opinion, but so far I can say, yeah, it sucks a lot.

The sont, in my opinion is a step in the right direction. The only thing I don't like are the back up vocals, it a bit nu metal like. But its better than most things they have done on the last 3 albums. I'm going to buy it thursday.

This morning I was changing my son's diaper, and I was flipping through the channels when the new Metallica vid came on.

The irony was not lost on me: I had shit in my hands, and shit assaulting me both visually and sonically.

I didn't watch more than 15 seconds. Everytime I see Lars, I want to vomit !
pukeface.gif

Maybe tommorrow I will look at it and give it a fair review.....

NOT!

Metallica is a lost cause.
They are dead to me.

ThraxDude said:
Download it whether or not it's good. And listen to it for free.
And, whatever you do, don't spend a single cent on Metallica!
They fucked their fans, so no it's time to fuck them!!

Oh, yeah. The song "St. Anger" was okay. Not good, and definitely not great.
Im dowloading the whole album now anyone want a free copy of it burnt onto a cd tell me and you can have one :D:):hotjump:

Heyyy! Lars is the funniest (albeit unintentionally) person ever!
My friend and I watched that damnable mtvicon just to see the horrid performances (in all honesty, Korn's rendition of One wasn't that bad. Limp Bizkit has even more reason to be shot now though)
As an added bonus, we saw lars making a total ass out of himself as he "grooved" to the music. We laughed until we cried.
(we were also amused by Kirk's tendency to look like "Dear God I must hide the fact that I think these people suck.")

FangsFirst said:
Heyyy! Lars is the funniest (albeit unintentionally) person ever!
My friend and I watched that damnable mtvicon just to see the horrid performances (in all honesty, Korn's rendition of One wasn't that bad. Limp Bizkit has even more reason to be shot now though)
As an added bonus, we saw lars making a total ass out of himself as he "grooved" to the music. We laughed until we cried.
(we were also amused by Kirk's tendency to look like "Dear God I must hide the fact that I think these people suck.")
I thought Sum 41 was alright too, better than Limp Dick and the others, except Korn. Korn has their own style and it showed through on that song.

I thought Lars looked dumb as hell, his bleached try to look cool thing...I didn't care that they cut their hair, but wth? And on that Metallica Stunning Cunts movie, watching Lars spit on a fan at the beginning, that pisses me off.

"Hey would you take a look at that fucking Guy?"
"The Drum Boy? He can't even drum right!"
"Yeah. And he's always got that trying-to-look-angry-Shit-Eating-grin on his face. What's he trying to look angry about?"

My friend thinks Lars is sitting too close to the bars, and he's gonna get anally raped.