O/T: Ultimate Who compilation out today

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
For those of you who have heard this or that about this legendary band, part of the Holy Trinity of 60's Rock n Roll along with the Beatles and the Stones, but didn't know where to start, here it is. This 2 cd set has pretty much everything, alright, it is missing a couple of tunes, but w/ 41 tunes it is hard to argue!:D This is the band that inspired a young Scott and a young Charlie. in fact, Anthrax at one point played an abbreviated "Won't Get Fooled Again" in concert as an encore. KISS have used this anthem to start their shows. 11 people got trampled to death in my home state as fans bum rushed the Riverfront Coliseum in 1979. They have appeared on the Simpsons, and who knows what else. If you consider yourself a true fan of the rock genre, you've got to trace its roots, and of the holy trinity, I think the Who are the closest to what became hard rock and eventually metal, and even punk (early Who and the Ramones sound identical kiddies.) I highly recomend this set to anyone looking for a Who comp, or even a seasoned fan looking for the best comp. w/out having to buy a boxed set. This CD will be getting jammed at my house until the big Who show in late August. Adios.

I love the Who and have often thought that My Generation was the first punk song ever written. My older bro was at that concert. He had no idea anything bad went down until the next morning when it was all over the news....

j

What are the "laws" regarding festival seating?? In Dayton they've always had festival seating at Hara Arena. It must have to do with the size of the venue. I saw Pantera and Type O Negative at the Coliseum when it was still the Riverfront Coliseum in January of 1995(it's Firstar now right, it was the Crown too for a while) and anyway, Pantera have a stipulation in thier rider, if the venue does not have permanently attached seats, or seats bolted down, they must be removed or there is no show! I think Pantera actually pulled out of a show on that tour due to this stipulation. Well, there were seats on the floor. SO, after Typo played, the staff came and collected the seats. What resulted was a melee. See, the staff at the Coliseum were the same ushers at Riverfront Stadium for Reds and Bengals game, so they were senior citizens trying to work a Pantera concert! I felt bad for them, but someone didn't do their homework for this show. Everyone who had tickets up in the risers bum rushed the newly "open" floor, which was slicker than hell because of the hockey ice directly underneath the surface of the floor. Add to this, the people that thought they had front row, or tenth row seats, whichever, they felt ripped off, because they paid top dollar, and now everyone was down there. I didn't realize how bad it was until after the show. I stopped in a gas station and it was on the AM radio "dozens hurt and dozens arrested at metal concert." No one died thankfully, but there were a lot of injuries apparently. Type O Negative refer to this show as "the one where the riot broke out" In the commentary on thier DVD.

TD- In Hamilton County, any concert with more than 3,000 people attending must have assigned seating. Sounds like Pantera found a way around that law, although evidently it didn't work out all that well. Probably why they don't come to Cincy anymore....

j

(Kieth Moon is my all-time favorite drummer....)