O/T Which bands...

Carcassian

Utopian Blaster
Oct 6, 2005
The Fens
...other than Anthrax have you communicated with and thought "hell, these guys are really cool ?"

I have had the good fortune over the years to communicate with Anders of Konkhra, and he's always been a really cool, down to earth and friendly guy who will answer most questions put his way.

I spoke to Martin Walkyier a couple of times, but got the impression he didnt really like using the net.

Jeff Walker (carcass) mailed a mate of mine a couple of times off the old metal usenet forums after he played our local town in Blackstar - he was very cool but you could tell he was about done with the music industry...

anyone else ?

Oh, and met the whole RIP Megadeth line up, who were mostly cool (though Mr Mustaine was a bit high and mighty), Pantera and Sepultura (chaos ad era) in Manchester, England, who were all very down to earth and cool, "Fast" Eddy Clark (Motorhead) who was very funny, and Gregor from Paradise Lost at a comics fair...

...he didnt understand my need to own the entire run of "ROM Spaceknight." Few people do.

I met Fear Factory and Life of Agony at Gigantour. The entire Fear Factory band was super nice and Burton was very sweet and appreciative of the fact that I passed on meeting Megadeth to watch them play as was Joey Z. from Life of Agony. I have also e-mailed the guys at Dillinger Escape Plan twice and they were super cool guys as well.

eighteeschick said:
I met Fear Factory and Life of Agony at Gigantour. The entire Fear Factory band was super nice and Burton was very sweet and appreciative of the fact that I passed on meeting Megadeth to watch them play as was Joey Z. from Life of Agony. I have also e-mailed the guys at Dillinger Escape Plan twice and they were super cool guys as well.

Cool! FF were really nice to an ex-gf of mine, when she served them in a sports shop in the north of the country - they put us both on the guest list that night, and we got to see them free, along with Drain (the swedish all-girl band that sounded like alice in chains) and Above All, a Brit hardcore band that was signed to Road Runner "back in the day" - I think it was in 1996 or early 97 - cool guys anyway...

Some of the people that I have met that were cool are
Mike Patton (3 different occasions)
King Buzzo-The Melvins
Trey Spruance
All the guys in Machine Head except I haven't met Chris Kontos
Lamb of God
Chino Moreno-Get drunk with him almost everytime they are in Michigan
Pepper Keenan-COC
Woody-COC HE was SUPER COOL and seemed like a genuinely nice guy
Dez-Devil Driver
Hank III
Dixie Dave- Weedeater
Tom Araya was really cool
That's all I can think of off the top of my head

MyHatred said:
Some of the people that I have met that were cool are
Mike Patton (3 different occasions)
King Buzzo-The Melvins
Trey Spruance
All the guys in Machine Head except I haven't met Chris Kontos
Lamb of God
Chino Moreno-Get drunk with him almost everytime they are in Michigan
Pepper Keenan-COC
Woody-COC HE was SUPER COOL and seemed like a genuinely nice guy
Dez-Devil Driver
Hank III
Dixie Dave- Weedeater
Tom Araya was really cool
That's all I can think of off the top of my head

Good work on the C.O.C. shit man, I love that band, but it seems they never get the recognition they deserve...

Martin Mendez and Martin Lopez from Opeth
(They set up their tent next to ours at Roskilde Festival in 1999 (?). Me and my friends got a tape copy of the master tape of the Still Life album, this was 3 months before its release )
Frost from Satyricon
Grutle from Enslaved
All from Perished and Raise Hell (After party, drinking 50/50 drinks of home brewed and coffee...:yuk: )
+ the metal community here in Denmark is so small that you keep running into the musicians all the time. So I´ve met most of the guys from bands like Illdisposed, Hatesphere, Mercenary, Exmortem....

Carcassian said:
Good work on the C.O.C. shit man, I love that band, but it seems they never get the recognition they deserve...

Here are some pics of when I saw them at Ten Bells in Grand Rapids, Michigan
0121200030dl.jpg
0111100043yr.jpg

0141400044wp.jpg

0161600038ps.jpg

0171700028zf.jpg

Had some beers with the Barker, Rieflin, Svitek, Scaccia and Buford from Ministry, that was cool. Dwayne Buford is one of the nicest guys I´ve met.

Devin Townsend and Byron Stroud, very funny guys.

Zak Tell from Clawfinger, he was drunk as hell. He said some amusing shit.

Byron Davis from God Forbid. Cool guy.

All they guys from The Haunted (except Adrian) several times. Jonas took a picture of my t-shirt last Saturday.

Lee Altus - coolest guy ever.

Met him cia Heathen board and have met him in Glasgow twice this year; one time with Heathen and once with Exodus. The second time he came to the pub with me and all my mates and had a few pints before he went on and then him and Exodus came upstairs after the gig and pretty much made an after show party.

I met Joey Belladonna several times and he's always been real cool. Met Dave Mustaine once. Todd Gordon who used to own Torrid Records (the label that signed Exodus) got me backstage, and he was nice and all, but constantly looking around the room like he was paranoid or distrustful. Kinda felt bad for him.

Karina_666 said:
I met Joey Belladonna several times and he's always been real cool. Met Dave Mustaine once. Todd Gordon who used to own Torrid Records (the label that signed Exodus) got me backstage, and he was nice and all, but constantly looking around the room like he was paranoid or distrustful. Kinda felt bad for him.

was dave cool or was he a jerk

DiscipleOfThePit said:
Lee Altus - coolest guy ever.

Met him cia Heathen board and have met him in Glasgow twice this year; one time with Heathen and once with Exodus. The second time he came to the pub with me and all my mates and had a few pints before he went on and then him and Exodus came upstairs after the gig and pretty much made an after show party.

ditto

Dave was really cool, he signed some stuff for me and personalized an autograph for a friend who couldn't make it, but there was something strange about him that I can't put my finger on. Just seemed a little distrustful of people.

Drank shots with Lemmy, drank with John from Nuclear Assault, got into a ball busting contest with Billy Milano(dont lock the thread), was at a couple of the Pro-pain The Truth Hurts sessions . Prob more experiences but I used to like to drink alot

I think I have "most lame" award. I got James Het to say hey to me on Mtv. I met Dino from Fear factory, he started off being cool.....then it seemed like he was done after a few sentences. He also couldnt understand why an average person cannot "afford a just $1000" guitar. Of course one of my good friends was talking with him for like 10 or 20 mins prior, so I think he was burned out (or high). I have talked with Jared from Hate Eternal, cool guy. I met Erik Rutan too (Hate Eternal) really shy, but friendly. I had Tim Armstrong of Rancid step over me to get to his booth. I bumped into Krk at Lollapalooza.....and didnt realize it. He was taking pics of some band that I wasnt paying attention to. We exchanged "hey sorry." It was about 3 hours later it dawned on me...... I talked on the phone with Charlie (guess from where) about putting cabinets in his home. Just about had the hook up for him, and his bro in law said he can build the same thing, and alot cheaper. I totally understood. Not mad at all. He was real professional, really cool. I, however, was star struck. And last, and totally least, I had Phil of Pantera fame single me out. He was bashing Metallicas Re-Load album, and happened to see me, pointed at me and said "if you see any mother fucker wearing any Metallica shirt from after Justice, throw them in the pit and show them what real metal is about." Luckily I was wearing my Metal Up Your Ass shirt, but I think all the crowd heard was "metallica shirt....throw in pit." I survived, glasses and all......was kinda fun really......lol.:loco: :hotjump: