Oakland Is Off!!!!!

tedleonard

Sep 16, 2002
www.enchant.nu
The club owner at IMUSICAST was never made aware that we were supposed to be on that show and they are not equipped to handle both bands. Also, Spock's Beard is doing a DVD recording that night so it has been decided that the change over between the two bands would conflict with their ability to record smoothly.
icon9.gif

We will, however, be playing in the Bay Area in about a month or so.

L.A. IS A DEFINITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was going to be really hard to do this anyhow! especially on such short notice! We were hoping to squeeze this one in but????????????????

It would have been a quick set with hardly anytime for a soundcheck and other issues as well, this is a SB night, it will great anyhow! I know I will be there!

We would not have had long to play either and doing another proper gig here soon will be a lot better anyhow!

Sorry everyone for the confusion. Like Ted said we will be playing the Bay Area in a month or so anyways and a much longer set! that rocks!

And this live DVD is going to be great recorded right here at home!

Hi guys,

Thank you for trying to set it up...Imusicast would have been so cool. Do you think you'll also be filming YOUR dvd there eventually?

Another question--most venues I go to are "all ages". If they serve alcohol, the minors have huge black sharpie X's written on both hands to tell them apart. I called Club Lingerie in LA and a fellow there said no minors. Do you guys have any say in that at all? My daughter is 15 and really wants to see you as well. Ack, this is slightly frustrating! We were planning to take off a day or two and drive down..a nice civic lesson for my girl, and a lesson in defensive driving for me. Now...I'm not so sure...:(

Thank you guys for being so considerate of us fan-types...it's rather rare in this world!

Regards,
Kristin

Kristen, Dan

This was gonna be a long shot anyways!

Thats the plan at the moment, same place for the DVD if it works, we will be checking it out Tuesday for sure. Don,t miss SB if at all possible.

You know just about anywhere else the minor thing probably would not be an issue? exept LA? but you can call em and tell them you and your Daughter are special guests of the band! see what they say? We can put you on the guest list?

We may play a few other dates here as well, we will have to see?

For now it is just LA and getting ready for the DVD! we really hope to play some more US dates as well.

ebass said:
We may play a few other dates here as well, we will have to see?

For now it is just LA and getting ready for the DVD! we really hope to play some more US dates as well.

Any chance you'll make it to Chicago? That would be the show of the year - maybe even decade - for me!

Bob

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the encouraging words! I think I will call the club and see what happens! My daughter wants to be able to go to MY boss and tell him, yes we're going after all, we're on the guest list!

If we can't go to LA, we're definitely at the SB gig. My kid says she wants to show me the place where she's heard some great bands. It's very cool when a 15 year old wants to share ANYTHING with her mom!

Kristin

Via-starved for live music-Dragon

That is way cool Kristin , you have obviously done something right! I hope my son will want to hang with me and see live music someday! I think that is great! You will Love Spocks they are amazing, anyone that is able should not miss this show! I here a lot of really cool folks will be there :) and some strange Enchant dudes too :)

And the LA gig will be cool too! It will be so odd to be playing in LA after London? Thats a trip :)

The cool thing is we will be right back there doing our DVD very soon! after that we can play locally or more US dates whenever we want.

ebass said:
You will Love Spocks they are amazing, anyone that is able should not miss this show! I here a lot of really cool folks will be there :) and some strange Enchant dudes too :)

Thanks Ed, and you were of course absolutely right--SB was quite amazing. (I have to make a confession here--I don't own any SB. I originally heard a couple of SB cuts on a compilation tape my boyfriend made for me--had Kansas, Transatlantic, SB, and a couple other proggish groups, but the Enchant cuts blew me away, so I didn't listen much to the other cuts.) I went to this show based on recommendations from this site, and well, just the whole Enchant connection. My daughter and I both love to hear live music, even if it's new to us. It was highly entertaining!

Yes, I did see some Enchant guys in the audience at this gig. :) My definition of frustration is, seeing them in the AUDIENCE not the STAGE...argh!! As we walked out of the venue, my daughter was trying to talk me into driving down to LA today...I was SOOOO tempted!! Hope you all--Enchant and fans--have a great time at the show tonight!

Kristin
Via semi-satisfied Dragon
(full satisfaction at the DVD gig!)