OBAMA!!!

I'm no expert, but aren't you supposed to vote for someone based on their beliefs and their desire to act by them? I mean, you can't say "I'll vote for Obama, because I disagree with the things he says, but he shouldn't actually carry them, so it's OK!"

If not, then why do you vote for certain people who's beliefs you agree with?

Because I don't disagree a huge amount with McCain, but I DO disagree a lot with Obama.

But you're post just said: Just because they believe certain things, doesn't mean they'll act on them.

I think Obama is more likely to act on them. Palin has a track record that shows that she doesn't.

I sincerely hope Obama doesn't go as hard-core as he wants to. Protectionism will have massive negative consequences all throughout the world. Australia would be hurt deeply if the US tightened trade regulations with us, and probably as much again if it did so with China. Not to mention countries who are less fortunate than Australia!

I'm hoping that, since Obama is not greatly experienced, he will be able to be swayed by centrist pressure. That way he won't fuck things up too badly...