Obituary

I've always been a bit on the fence about Obituary. They were one of the first death metal bands I checked out ("Internal Bleeding" first tune I heard by them, still rapes very hard), and I own both "Cause of Death" and "The End Complete". However I've never been able to become a massive fan, I'll either say they're pretty good or that they don't do much for me. "Cause of Death" is a pretty solid album though, full of some very good riffs.

...I think it's a real shame that more bands weren't influenced by them. Sure, you can (logically enough) find a similar style in some Six Feet Under and Lowbrow, but other than that, I don't hear a lot of Obituary influence at all.

Call me a stupid old bastard if you like, but I'd much rather hear atmospheric, mid-paced death metal than br00tal or tech-death.

I've always found Jungle Rot's style to be very similar to Obituary

www.myspace.com/junglerot

If you like Obituary... and you should... they might be worth a listen for you.

Slowly We Rot!

Apparently, there is a 2008 re-recording of the song Slowly We Rot on the Left To Die single, a single which I think is amazingly good.

Cause Of Death and The End Complete belongs in any metalheads collection as well.

th_towely.jpg

Six Feet Under is better than Jungle Rot, that shoul be the logical step from Obituary. They both had the same guitarist on SFU's "Haunted" ad Obituary's "World Demise" albums. One song off World Demise has a riff that sounds just like Beneath a Black Sky off The Haunted.

Is that your patch jacket?

Yes. Dug out the camera last night to share the love for Obituary. Patches going global:heh: Its remarkable how well some of them have held up over time. Might as well flash the front now, got another Slowly we Rot patch there, I truely loved that album on release...
patches2.jpg

I'd go with Frozen in Time for best Obituary album. Something about the great drumming and the really unique guitar work just does something to me, although most will disagree.