Obscene Extreme 2005 Silence Sucks

TheWyvern

Oct 22, 2006
Obscene Extreme 2005 – Silence Sucks
By Dan Fisher

obscene_2005.jpg

Oh dear. Where did it all go wrong? This ‘release’ is just awful in every possible way. For those of you who don’t know what Obscene Extreme is, the festival is a grindcore gathering that happens every summer in the Czech Republic. Now, if this DVD was made on a purely goodwill gesture, i.e. if it was being given away free, then I could almost forgive them. But frankly the package is a shambles. First, the event is captured by a low quality camcorder where the musical feeds haven’t been recorded separately which ultimately means the whole things sounds (unnaturally) distorted. Apparently we, as an audience, should be prepared to sit through over 5 hrs of white noise. Mmm. Nice. Secondly, whether it’s down to the way it was recorded I’m not sure, but if was listening to the recording of it alone, I wouldn’t be able to distinguish one band from another. There were some utterly, utterly, shit bands on the bill who should have been swiftly taken to one side and tasered until golden brown. I think the highlight of the DVD for me was when a member of a certain band, who shall remain nameless, thought it would be cool to ram a drumstick up his arse and then lick it. I think you’ll all agree: it doesn’t get much better than that. Literally. Avoid this like a Warrant cover band.

Official Obscene Extreme Website

tied for the best festival one can attend. awesome bands, awesome fun times and this dvd is a killer reminder of what you attended or should attend if you aren't some idiot bitch that thinks metalcore is the best thing since peanut butter and jelly were considered a perfect pair for a sandwich.