Obscure and Unusual Metal Bands

Flubba

New Metal Member
Jan 8, 2016
I'm curious about the more obscure and less popular metal bands out there.Leave a comment if you are a connoisserur of the unusual and unknown.I'll start off by recommending "The Sword" as an obscure group (at least to my knowledge) and the "Diablo Swing Orchestra" as an unusual band. Happy listening.

Welcome. The Sword are very well known around here. I'm familiar with Diablo Swing Orchestra as well. Look around you might find something you like.

Welcome. The Sword are very well known around here. I'm familiar with Diablo Swing Orchestra as well. Look around you might find something you like.
Alright , The Sword was/is kind of new to me so I just threw it out there.

One of the most unusual bands (especially as regards vocals, lyrics and cover artwork) were Atrox, before Monika Edvardsen left the band. On "contentum", which features probably the craziest vocal lines, she sometimes sounds like a mixture of (early) Kate Bush, some oriental influences and Nina Hagen (as far as the latter's crazyness is concerned). Music-wise, "Terrestrials" is still my favourite Atrox-album (and also my overall most-played album) in spite of several production flaws.

Reactions: CiG and Flubba
Doom/crust with a cello and male/female vocals:

Doom meets black metal done right:

Act of God, a Russian band who had an opera singer on their first two releases: