October 19 Jag Panzer - Casting The Stones

noren said:
The cover artwork was just finished. I'm not sure I'm allowed to show it yet, but I hope you will like it.
The German CM site already posted it!

id_728.jpg

I just recieved the "Casting the Stones" promo for reviewing a couple of days ago..

Initial thoughts?

Maybe JP's best album ever?

Awesome! Especially Concklin & Broderick seem to be in top form!

"The Mission (1943)", "Achilles" and "Precipice" are my favorites so far!

Boy, this is the best US power metal album this year along with Iced Earth "The Glorious Burden"!

Killer!

Sadly, the promo has leaked out onto the net. I'm not downloading anything because the two songs JP officially put out are already killer and I'd rather not spoil it, but I really can't wait to pick up this album.

The art is pretty cool too, I was expecting a stereotypical Viking sort of design but this is pretty abstract and moody.

I'm loving those songs on the site (thanks for reminding me to d/l them, Earnie!)..can't wait for the cd!

Hey Mr Blackwell,
Jag Panzer will be offering Casting the Stones through our site at about the same time, and at a price around 12 US dollars (near half price). Along with the CD we will be including promo posters so keep your eyes on the site for more details, it will be updated with all of these details and preordering tools soon.
The reason we are doing this is because it is non-beneficial to the band in many ways to lose sales overseas. For instance: We lose sound scan numbers, since sound scan only reports US figures, Also because we are signed to Century Media America, the loss of US sale hurts our standing with them, Promoters and Venue owners giving us less credibility to tour.
We fought with CM trying to get them to release it at the same time in all countries but for some reason they wouldn't do it, so now we are forced to promote and sale our own CD's(There goes my practice time).
Thanks Chris.

Chris_Broderick said:
Hey Mr Blackwell,
Jag Panzer will be offering Casting the Stones through our site at about the same time, and at a price around 12 US dollars (near half price). Along with the CD we will be including promo posters so keep your eyes on the site for more details, it will be updated with all of these details and preordering tools soon.
The reason we are doing this is because it is non-beneficial to the band in many ways to lose sales overseas. For instance: We lose sound scan numbers, since sound scan only reports US figures, Also because we are signed to Century Media America, the loss of US sale hurts our standing with them, Promoters and Venue owners giving us less credibility to tour.
We fought with CM trying to get them to release it at the same time in all countries but for some reason they wouldn't do it, so now we are forced to promote and sale our own CD's(There goes my practice time).
Thanks Chris.

I'll definitely be picking up my copy from here.
There are no decent music stores where I live anyway.

Chris, I hope you guys hit Philly on the next tour.
I saw you guys at the Troc with Iced Earth and In Flames and you guys kicked both their asses !
:worship: