October Tide Live Hells Pleasure 2010

Honestly, I'm 100% times more stoked about a live October Tide show than I am a Katatonia one. Mainly because most of the shit I've heard from Katatonia live just isn't that great. The mix in this song is phenomenal compared to what I just heard from the Katatonia show at the festival in Finland. Like I said in that thread (which apparently died) listening to Katatonia live is like listening to a band cover them because Sodomizer and Blakkheim's vocals overtake Jonas's alot, and Jonas isn't consistent in his vocal delivery. Out of all of Blakkheim and Jonas's projects Katatonia WAS my least favorite until Night is the New Day. I really dig the Great Cold Distance, and some songs off of Viva Emptiness really carry the DOOM metal vibe (city of Glass especially). But for me Diabolical Masquerade's last 2 albums is the best thing Blakkheim ever did (along with the first 3 bloodbath releases) and Night is the New day, Rain without End and the first 3 bloodbath releases is the best thing Jonas ever did. (looking at the credits on NITND it just seems more of a Jonas album). I wonder if I can get some feedback or criticism from this post??????

Well...I think you have an opinion. I disagree with it. Granted, this does not make my opinion right nor do I want to debate opinions because it is such a waste of time.

I will point out that from your post it seems you saw Katatonia one time at a festival. You cannot expect to know too much about how Katatonia sounds live from that experience. Theres alot of Katatonia stuff that is just harder to do live, they know what stuff that is and I know it is taken into consideration when they write shit too.

I dont know...really I cant judge things by "the best they ever did". Jonas and Anders have grown up, I kind of grew up with them as we are about the same age. I feel like they both are very talented, and have been throughout their musical careers. As they have grown up and changed so has their music. I have been able to appreciate nearly everything they have done.

To say that 3 out of the 5 best things Jonas has done is playing bass with bloodbath is a shit statement. Sorry...thats just retarded.

I guess I have been listening to them for around 15 years and there are some things musically that I value, and some things personally that I value. These values dont always line up.

I appreciate the honesty and truth in the music and lyrics. Honesty and truth change...it is up to us to identify with it where we are at in life.