OCTOBER TIDE POLL:RAIN WITHOUT END vs GREY DAWN

RAIN WITHOUT END or GREY DAWN?

• Rain Without End

Votes: 30 73.2%
  • Grey Dawn

Votes: 11 26.8%

• Total voters
I think Hensen had awesome 'feeling' in his vocals...they sounded so desperate...and so Jonas vocals did too,but + that 'technical ability' I found for myself a winner...but,do not get me wrong, for me it is 51% Grey Dawn,and 49% Rain Without End...it is very hard to choose,but RWE don't have that melodies like Grey Dawn... :saint:

People vote RWE because it's more obscure, rare and kvlt, so it's 'cooler' to say you like that one better.

Now that's not entirely true and I don't say it goes for everybody, but there's no doubt a sense of truth to it. I listened to both album in a row, chronoligically and Grey Dawn just sounded better and more powerful after RWE. But hey, the fact that I couldn't make my mind up right away, means the difference is minimal.

People vote RWE because it's more obscure, rare and kvlt, so it's 'cooler' to say you like that one better.

Now that's not entirely true and I don't say it goes for everybody, but there's no doubt a sense of truth to it. I listened to both album in a row, chronoligically and Grey Dawn just sounded better and more powerful after RWE. But hey, the fact that I couldn't make my mind up right away, means the difference is minimal.
You are right may be and may be one more reason is that Jonas sings on RWE, if it was A Canorous Quintet forum, for example, we could see something different. The difference is minimal indeed but for some reason I think RWE sounds more sincere. Only for me, it's not the point.I guess everyone judges these albums from his own life experience.