October Tide

Saw_You_Drown

Jun 2, 2002
Wisconsin
Visit site
im sure some of you have seen this but i thought id share what i found;
MU: Will there be another October Tide album?

AN: I talked with Jonas just the other night about that and it really depends on how keen the world is to show him that it is demanded. He has no faith in October Tide anymore. He is so tired with the failures of the two albums because they didn't sell anything. They were so extremely poorly promoted. So October Tide has in a way been unintentionally a cult thing now because it is so goddamn underrated.

MU: Definitely. So maybe it will happen at a future point.

AN: Yeah, maybe. It depends, like I said, on the feedback that it gets. If there is a demand in the world for it, I think he could do it because he still has it inside himself.

My favorite doom band
Ofcourse I wouldn't mind
Now I finally came upon a source where I could order Rain Without End
My collection will be completed!
Muahahahahahahaha!

Originally posted by Saw_You_Drown
im sure some of you have seen this but i thought id share what i found;
MU: Will there be another October Tide album?

AN: I talked with Jonas just the other night about that and it really depends on how keen the world is to show him that it is demanded. He has no faith in October Tide anymore. He is so tired with the failures of the two albums because they didn't sell anything. They were so extremely poorly promoted. So October Tide has in a way been unintentionally a cult thing now because it is so goddamn underrated.

MU: Definitely. So maybe it will happen at a future point.

AN: Yeah, maybe. It depends, like I said, on the feedback that it gets. If there is a demand in the world for it, I think he could do it because he still has it inside himself.

where did you read that?
I'd like to think of OT as a cult band...but in a way I'm also willing to hear another album, also because I think OT was a great band, how could I resist the temptation?
However I think that they shouldn't make a new album only because their fans demand it...

Today I was listening to "Rain without end", well I don't have the original unfortunately, but I think that it's Jonas who sings on that record.
However I noticed that the way he sings with harsh vocals is very different compared with "Dance of December Souls", on RWE his voice is lower and more similar to Mike's voice in Brave Murder Day, while on DODS he's really screaming.
The album itself reminds me a lot of BMD, for example I find the song "Losing Tomorrow" quite close to " Day", both because it is sung with clean vox, but also the mood is quite the same.
There are also some acustic parts here and there in that album that i really like a lot!

Rain without end is just great, actually i like it more than Grey dawn, just because there are just more of these typical blackheim melodies on it and because like you said ether, it has this bmd feeling to it, i think grey dawn lacks a bit of these things. Great album ;)

However I noticed that the way he sings with harsh vocals is very different compared with "Dance of December Souls", on RWE his voice is lower and more similar to Mike's voice in Brave Murder Day, while on DODS he's really screaming.

Time to lick some boots.:D

Yeah, Jonas is very flexible. I mean, compare the vocals on DODS, Scarlet Heavens, Rain Without End, DO and LFDGD. That's what I call diversity.

Originally posted by the_joy_of_grief
Time to lick some boots.:D

Yeah, Jonas is very flexible. I mean, compare the vocals on DODS, Scarlet Heavens, Rain Without End, DO and LFDGD. That's what I call diversity.

yeah, Jonas can do everything, singing with different techniques, playing drums, guitar, bass, writing good lyrics, he's an eclectic artist!;) ;)

Hmmmmmmmm... to make a long story short... We have a very small catalog of available cds to purchase in Isreal, so I bugged the Distirbuter alot... He will order it specially for me... :)

Now that you won't kill me just send me a greencard or I'll pluck your eyes out and eat them with strawberry icecream :D