A question for Blakkheim about OT

my only wish about october tide is read the lyrics of rain without end ,infinite submission , all painted cold , i hope dont die without read the lyrics
i will die imcomplet if i dont read these lyrics

I'd kill for another October Tide release. Rain Without End is one of my dearest albums, as is Grey Dawn too. Luckily I have them both, so I don't mind if they won't be re-released. Actually, they shouldn't be, 'cause I did hell of a job to get them. :)

But if there would be a new album. Whew! That would be one great item of news for me!

I think it's good that October Tide remains a cult band. sure that fans would like to hear more, but it's like wanting katatonia to make a second Brave murder Day. This album is unique and this style fits for this album and the rest could just be a pale copy of it.

so for me OT is just those two albums and what makes it special is that it has been so undervalued and the project belonged to that special era...

moreover with Bloodbath, Katatonia, families etc. I don't think Jonas and Fred have much time left for another project.

ether said:
I think it's good that October Tide remains a cult band. sure that fans would like to hear more, but it's like wanting katatonia to make a second Brave murder Day. This album is unique and this style fits for this album and the rest could just be a pale copy of it.

so for me OT is just those two albums and what makes it special is that it has been so undervalued and the project belonged to that special era...

moreover with Bloodbath, Katatonia, families etc. I don't think Jonas and Fred have much time left for another project.

I don't agree with you Ether.
I don't want another Rain without end or Grey Danw.The evolution between these 2 albums is so huge that I like to imagine how it could be with another one. I like October Tide as a band of its own, not as a Katatonia members side project.
I'm sure all the musical ideas of OT haven't been put only in the 2 albums. They could have been even further in their own style.
Btw, I'd really like to have Jonas's thought about this. I mean: does he think that everything has been told with October Tide, or does he thinks OT was something that could have gone further in the style they developped on both albums ?
That is what makes me so trusty in another album ...

Surely OT has evolved and could potentialy create another masterpiece, but now the situation is so different, at those times it was supposed in a way to replace Katatonia, while now Katatonia still remains the main band and I don't think it's easy for both Jonas and Fred to put so much effort in another band, which surely is not like Katatonia, but had the same vain....

I think sometimes if you have a side project you tend to do something completely different compared to what you already do in your main band...(see Diabolical masquerade, Bloodbath, Subdive...they have nothing in common with Katatonia).
Then you have to consider that if Ot could be resurrected, they should also find someone who can do the harsh vocals, because I doubt Jonas is willing to do that and choosing clean vocals instead....well that could be like creating another copy of Katatonia..IMHO.
I was pretty sad when I heard Diabolical Masquerade was dead and surealy all of us would have liked to hear more (especialy after Death Design, which for me was their best release), but it comes the moment when a band dies and has nothing to tell anymore...
I know how hard it is to accept such things, but, even if the fans demand a new OT album, I don't know how much effort it requires to set up this project again, I'm just sceptical Jonas and Fred have the time and the will to concentrate on Ot again.
But if this statement by Jonas you quoted is true, maybe we can still hope...
Fred or Jonas should have the last words about this.