For Jonas,Fred, Anders (was October Tide)

the-lull

discouraged one
May 25, 2001
France
www.thelull.fr.fm
To answer to the "October Tide" thread, I would be the first one to buy another record from one of the best and original metal band I've heard...

I'm a bit shocked however to hear that Jonas was not satisfied with the sellings...what's the problem with it? Certainly not a lack of quality, I say it once again: October Tide is in my metal band pantheon Top 5. The problem was the commercial aspect of the CD, not the artistic side.

I keep the impression that the metal world misses something great...I mean, Jonas and Fred are still able to compose songs, and they just don't do it, because the first albums were commercial failures. What I say, is that every single people here who own one of these albums praise the style you had developed in it, that's all that matter: you're artists, not businessmen.
There is a certain ammount of people in the world who would like to see another piece of art of your own, not to own one of the best-seller CD in the world, but to be able to enjoy your artistic expression. I do.

I hope Jonas, Fred or even Anders could read and understand what I've tried to explain: October Tide definitely has to revive.

Hey, i agree with you about October Tide being a great band and i'd love to see another album from them too, but i think you can't force Jonas and Fred to go on with October Tide, i think they have other reasons to not do so.

Originally posted by phyre
Bands doing stuff just to please fans is not a good thing.

I don' t agree with that point of view.
If you don't want to do music for other people than you, then don't spread it to the world. Keep your music for you.
I mean if they've decided to record their compositions, they meant to share it with other people, and to please them...I can't understand you find no more interest in something you've created, it is part of your own.
Jonas and Fred can't deny they had created something very interesting artistically speaking. So why would they decide to destroy it?
I can't admit they let go their personal mean of expression.
October Tide is not Katatonia. THey were different bands, and each one deserves to exist as a particular band I think.

I wholeheartedly agree that there needs to be another October Tide album. If people like us just show enough interest, Jonas and Fred might be more persuaded to resume the project.

As I said to every person who asked me about doom metal, October Tide was and still is my favorite band. If they will release another album, I would be joyous (in a doom gloomy way ofcourse :) )

As for the selling point of view, I personally think that most people who bought Rain Without End when it was released were expecting another Katatonia release, because of the reputaion, I do not consider it as a katatonia release, since I consider it to be a superior band, I for one am a big fan of Katatonia, but i'm a bigger fan of OT, so I'm having a hard time about not getting anymore OT music :( . It is Jonas & Fred's decision though, I wouldnt want to hear it because of any other reason, then just wanting to do that again...

With hope
Erez