OD-808 Impulses

xFkx

gain induction
Mar 3, 2008
Poland
www.myspace.com
So TSS won't show up in my plugin list in reaper (for some unknown reason, works fine in live)

I was thinking that maybe someone could make some impulses of a od-808 or a tubescreamer ? (dimed level, no gain, an 5 tone positions or so)

What do you think, anyone up for it ?

TSS won't show up for me either, although it has worked with the older Reaper versions (I'm using 2.58 now) IIRC... Anyone else having this problem or have a solution?

Are you sure it's not there?

My TSS isn't called TSS in Reaper, it's called "Vintage Overdrive", which is a bit weird because it's called TSS in Cubase.

Damn, it's there alright! And I thought I'd tried all of them... :eek: Thanks for the heads up! :)

yeah you can't just take an impulse response of absolutely anything and have a slightly worse sounding plug in version of the real deal.
You can do an impusle of a tubescreamer but you won't be happy with it, its not really gonna model the characteristics about it that you like

So TSS won't show up in my plugin list in reaper (for some unknown reason, works fine in live)

I was thinking that maybe someone could make some impulses of a od-808 or a tubescreamer ? (dimed level, no gain, an 5 tone positions or so)

What do you think, anyone up for it ?

If my son falls asleep early enough I'll make some for you later tonight.

I actually did a shootout with a real TS9 and tubescreamer sims and the TSS sounded way closer than the Simulanalog one. The most accurate ones in my opinion were Amplitube 2 and Guitar Rig.

I honestly don't even notice much of a difference with TSS before the a sim, how is it different than an eq?
There are diodes in the negative feedback of the opamp, so a sligthy distorted/compressed signal is added too (even with the drive at 0)...
The rest should be just eq...

Well the OD doesn't really distort at those settings, idk :(

I guess nebula was made for this kind of stuff

If there are *any* settings at which your pedal doesn't distort, either your guitar has horrid output or your OD is broken. The signal is most certainly being clipped, but the EQ section of the pedal gets rid of the highs.

Jeff