Odd Happenings in Opeth Cover Art

org_big.jpg

Well he means the purple face in the center of the cover.

Soldier Of Tomorrow said:
org_big.jpg

Well he means the purple face in the center of the cover.

WHOA! I never noticed that face before.......strange.....maybe it's the same thing that sighed/coughed on "The Moor" ?

I believe it was Mikael's girlfriend at the time that's on the picture. If you look at the big purple triangular piece in the middle, then look slightly to the right, ver eery!

Oh man I love the MAYH cover art, I think I have to go listen to it now.... For those still not seeing it look at the blue gap in between the two bunches of trees. Now slightly to the right of that there is another blue spot, which looks like a face. Also one will notice that while the edges of the trees are all scruffy and stuff (as a tree should be) on that perticular spot it goes down very smooth and evenly, looking like a robe. It also seems like a darker shad of black was used for that one given spot...

I really doubt these faces are anyone special in real life, like being Mike's girlfriend or something like that, no way, but I personally see a face and a full body, in like a robe, which really makes me think that this is the ghost form the mayh story.

P.S. I thought that was really cool, could someone point out the Morningrise man, and anything else peculiar in Opeth art plz?

On Morningrise, it's not a "real" man per se, it's...it's like the bridge makes the eyes or something like that, I don't remember...

And I always thought the MAYH man was obvious. I agree it's creepy, but I mean, the album's concept is about a ghost...and for me, the album covers(and track titles, and music videos, and sometimes lyrics) help me picture the moods associated with the music.

I picture a moor and a cross and a woman and the color red when I listen to SL, and I picture autumn leaves and swamps and moonlight and will-o-the-wisp when I listen to BWP.

if you look really hard at the textures on the petals of the Orchid on the album of the same title.......you can see an outline of.........MY COCK!!.

How it got there is MY business, so don't ask.