Odd Happenings in Opeth Cover Art

Ok, please stop, this is really pushing it, they're like miniature stone pillars for fuck's sake, and if they do look like eyes, they are like a fucking homosexual stoned zombie's eyes or something.....

untitled.jpg

well now that i think about it, i can pretty much find a face or something in every little pattern in the booklet

Er, am i the only one that sees a face instead of a apillar on the morningrise cover? With mustache and all? I as i zoomed in paint i saw it even more... Dunno how to upload pictures though.

Looks like a crossing of mike and Jesus

will fucking haunt my dreams for all eternity!

I found the face on deliverance and it creeps me out to this day, actually a friend of mine was very unhappy when I pointed it out...seems it creeped him out more.

the mayh one I really didn't see at first, but you're all right it definitly looks like a face and robed figure

as for the morningrise one...I think its a reach as to it being there on purpose, but it is still scary as hell!

Is it just me, or does the girl on the MAYH cover (I'm quite certain it is Peter's ex-girlfrind - it was in an interview somewhere, I'll try and find it and post it).

Anyway, so, is it just me, or does the cover remind you of Black Sabbath's first, untitled album? You know where there's the eerie chick standing in front of the house? I'll try and find the pic and post it.

Also, I've noticed another couple of Sabbath similarities. Like the band pic for Damnation...kind of reminiscent of the famous Sabbath band photo (once again, I'll post it if I find it).

So, yeah, what do you guys think? MAYH girl and Sabbath Girl? Both very eerie...I get the coolest chills when I look at either one.

I don't know how to post pics, so this is where you will find the following:

The cover of 'Black Sabbath' (reminiscent of MAYH cover):
www.sabbathlive.com/ca/official/Black Sabbath-[remaster]-front.jpg

The band picture (from the 'Masters of Reality' release: reminiscent of the Damnation band pic):
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2573309701&category=1593
(scroll down to the bottom of the page - bad picture though)

tell me your thoughts...

(sorry I'm computer illiterate: you'll have to copy and paste the entire address; the link doesn't work)

I see what your getting at. It wouldn't suprise me one bit if these things were influenced by Black Sabbath, because 99% of metal bands are influenced by BS and the other 1% don't know what they're talking about.