Oddball band

This is the first Poets song I grew up on from high school. Definitely a song I want to hear live next year.

LOVE reading these kinds of reactions. I will say that you are right about the guitar solos. They have moved away from recently compared to the older ones.

And yes...I love "Daze" as well. Did you check out the "Choice Millionaire" video while you were at it?

This is my personal Poets playlist on Spotify:

Glenn if I may ask, what would you say is your favorite Poets album? Mine's a tie between Jealous Gods and Twilight Theater.

As one of the vocal minority in question, there were no crickets in my house while I watched a live stream of the announcement, lemme tell ya.

I’ve successfully evangelized Poets to a lot of friends over the years, but snobs abound in the PP audience, and this is definitely a WTF band where they’re concerned. But I’m super happy that so many people are giving them a chance and finding something to like, just in a week and a half.

Just watch out for the goats.

Reactions: Kez and Mardoch
As one of the vocal minority in question, there were no crickets in my house while I watched a live stream of the announcement, lemme tell ya.

I’ve successfully evangelized Poets to a lot of friends over the years, but snobs abound in the PP audience, and this is definitely a WTF band where they’re concerned. But I’m super happy that so many people are giving them a chance and finding something to like, just in a week and a half.

Just watch out for the goats.
You're the one who got me interested enough to give them a shot back in '14. I've been interested in them since, but now I will be buying up their discography in anticipation of their set.

Reactions: Kez and jaimek
I can honestly say I do not own any Poets albums, but its good to know where to start. I''ll pick up those three albums Glenn mentioned & give them a few spins & hopefully more. Also I'll have to check out subsignal as that was the real WTF moment for me. In fact, I thought subsignal was THE oddball crickets band that Glenn had mentioned prior to the festival. I had never heard of them before the announcement, but I'll definitely check them out too.

I can honestly say I do not own any Poets albums, but its good to know where to start. I''ll pick up those three albums Glenn mentioned & give them a few spins & hopefully more. Also I'll have to check out subsignal as that was the real WTF moment for me. In fact, I thought subsignal was THE oddball crickets band that Glenn had mentioned prior to the festival. I had never heard of them before the announcement, but I'll definitely check them out too.

Subsignal started as a side project of members of Sieges Even, and became a full band once SE broke up. Definitely a lighter, more progressive band than Sieges Even.

I only own "Paraíso", which I like.

Reactions: NorseBlood
Ok folks. I downloaded the Poets of the Fall album called "Jealous Gods". Listened to it for the first time. Clearly they are very original and have talent. I'll have to give it more than one spin.. I am left wondering... Or perhaps I should ask... Um I have no idea exactly how to ask this. Well let me put it this way. My favorite track is the last one "Nothing Stays The Same". I'll have to check out the "Twilight Theater" album next. Hmm... Who introduced who to this band? Glenn or Jenn?

I take that last sentence as rather shitty, honestly. I wouldn't have thought that from you. I have been a Poets fan for a long time.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled Manowar albums. There will be no further replies from me.

I have had Temple of Thought in my collection for some time now, I like it but was never really blown a way by it... I heard "Cradle of Love" years ago and just fell in love with Marko's voice. I dug into Jealous Gods on your recommendation Glenn and WOW.... what a diverse album.... instantly jumped out at me ... the title track is awesome and the instrumental, "Rogue" is incredible... I love it! The production values are top notch as well.... I see they have a new one coming out in Oct as well... So excited you booked these guys... I think they will blow people away at PPXX... thanks for thinking outside the box and booking them!!!

Ok. There are always bands that slip by me or go by the wayside. Shame on me for letting Poets of the Fall be one of those bands. I'm not ashamed to admit that I literally have tears welled up listening to these guys. Dammit. I just....I'm seriously....I'm spent.

Reactions: Kez
I take that last sentence as rather shitty, honestly. I wouldn't have thought that from you. I have been a Poets fan for a long time.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled Manowar albums. There will be no further replies from me.

Glenn. I meant no offense as it was an honest question. (It was!) I'm a married guy, and I do things for my wife just because she's cool and that is just the sort of thing us married guys do. If I were running a festival, and she were participating as much as Jenn is in it, then if she really wanted something a little different I would certainly make it happen. Poets struck me as quite a bit different from the usual ProgPower fare I've seen thus far, hence the question. (But I've only been attending for 4 years and cannot say if I can really spot a Glenn zig from a Glenn zag.) Obviously I was wrong. Now, I have great respect for you and Jenn, and you guys are a great team. Glenn, your track record speaks volumes, and no one puts together a better festival that you do.

I have no problem making an apology when I've unintentionally offended someone, and this was unintentional. Please accept my apology. I am sorry.

PS: Manowar? :)

I would like to add this to my comments concerning Poets...

ProgPower USA and its forums are a musical university of sorts. Through this forum and the festival I've learned and listened to bands that I'd never heard of before - and learned to love them. Poets of the Fall may be another one of those bands. I'm pretty open minded about music, and I'm not one to play something once and forget about it - especially if I am going to see them perform. Poets of the Fall obviously have talent and who knows, I may end up buying up their entire catalog before its said & done. I hope so.

I'll add this happened to me with "Pain of Salvation". Pain of Salvation took some time for me to appreciate their entire catalogue beyond "Remedy Lane". Awesome band, and thanks to Glenn & Co am hoping to see them perform again.

There will indeed be a large Poets contingent as the buzz is making its way through to their USA fanbase who largely are unaware of PPUSA until now. And, their appearance at PPUSA will be a USA exclusive which will ramp up the interest. Get on the bandwagon and buy your tickets Oct 6th!

There will indeed be a large Poets contingent as the buzz is making its way through to their USA fanbase who largely are unaware of PPUSA until now. And, their appearance at PPUSA will be a USA exclusive which will ramp up the interest. Get on the bandwagon and buy your tickets Oct 6th!

This.

I posted "Carnival of Rust" on my FB feed a week or two ago, and I've had friends who could care less about prog or power metal talking about going to Atlanta just for this. Very interested to see what impact this has on ticket sales out of the gate.