Odin's Court forum.... these people are idiots

thank you man.. lol you just saved me a long post.... i know Odin is also a right spelling but he told me that i was spelling it wrong... and this is why i was pissed.. heheh i wont disagree with someone ( when talking about a serious topic ) if they are right and if i dont know if they are right or wrong then i will simply look up many different sources and then give my say on the matter at hand

My question is... did you visit their forums and question THEIR spelling of it? Why the heck would they bring it up? "Oden" isn't in your forum name.... so how could he guess that had an issue with their spelling of the name? why would he come out and say you're spelling it wrong.

The most-likely explanation is that, 1) you're really into Norse Paganism; therefore, 2) You brought it up to them.

Not that i care all that much about these internet skirmishes... but really, OC are nice guys who don't drag anybody through the mud, and they work their asses off and have a lot of fun doing it.

My band is called Division. Guess what. We don't give a shit about splitting things.

My question is... did you visit their forums and question THEIR spelling of it? Why the heck would they bring it up? "Oden" isn't in your forum name.... so how could he guess that had an issue with their spelling of the name? why would he come out and say you're spelling it wrong.

The most-likely explanation is that, 1) you're really into Norse Paganism; therefore, 2) You brought it up to them.

Not that i care all that much about these internet skirmishes... but really, OC are nice guys who don't drag anybody through the mud, and they work their asses off and have a lot of fun doing it.

My band is called Division. Guess what. We don't give a shit about splitting things.

Nah man i wasnt looking to start shit with them.... i just asked them how much they knew about Oden and the Aesir in general.. and then when he posted he was being a dick and told me that Odin was the right spelling and that mine was wrong.... i dont know what type of guys they are but whoever the fuck that was sure didnt give a good impression... i was actually looking in the forum to find people to talk about Norse Paganism with ( other than the people in the AA forum ) and i guess maybe he thought i was just being a dick... oh well

Ah... I see. Misunderstandings by the screen, I guess. We've all been there ;)

I do know that they have been super busy.... rehearsing for some key gigs out in San Fran CA this upcoming week in May, while in the middle of rehearsing and recording their upcoming album.

Rehearsing the set, new material, and recording within one season, family, work, etc... pretty daunting! I wouldn't be surprised if Matt was just simply a little edgy at that moment.... I don't think that man sleeps!

Hehe, we've all been there. I think a few people wanted to stab me after one of my first posts.
And as for the spellings, shit, it's not like Oðinn doesn't have more names then any man could ever remember, anyway. Why bother arguing over which spelling is right? Especially considering that ON is phonetic, not alphabetic... anything that sounds like the right word when read, is right.

Ah... I see. Misunderstandings by the screen, I guess. We've all been there ;)

I do know that they have been super busy.... rehearsing for some key gigs out in San Fran CA this upcoming week in May, while in the middle of rehearsing and recording their upcoming album.

Rehearsing the set, new material, and recording within one season, family, work, etc... pretty daunting! I wouldn't be surprised if Matt was just simply a little edgy at that moment.... I don't think that man sleeps!

wow.... and i guess everything is cleared up then

Yes, Grundig, he's my baby brother, yes, I am an archaeologist, yes, I will speak on the topic till it melts your brain (sorry, Bates!) because A. there are so many interesting twists and turns that will make you look on the world in a whole new way, and B. I am not good at being brief, and C. I feel it is my duty and priveliege to do honour to those who came before me, and D. the Old Faith puts the onus on me to gain knowledge and to share it, so I do whenever possible. I am also female, and Norse to boot. Good luck trying to figure me out!

Yes, Grundig, he's my baby brother, yes, I am an archaeologist, yes, I will speak on the topic till it melts your brain (sorry, Bates!) because A. there are so many interesting twists and turns that will make you look on the world in a whole new way, and B. I am not good at being brief, and C. I feel it is my duty and priveliege to do honour to those who came before me, and D. the Old Faith puts the onus on me to gain knowledge and to share it, so I do whenever possible. I am also female, and Norse to boot. Good luck trying to figure me out!

awesome lmao..... yah Norse AND female..... im not sure anyone should even attempt figuring you out.... im afraid nothing but migrains would follow thereafter.. :lol: