Odin's Court: Performing at BAR Fest! May 4/5!

OdinsCourt

Valhalla
Sep 26, 2003
MD, USA
www.odinscourtband.com
From the BAR Fest forum:
Bay Area Rock Promotions is pleased to announce the inaugural Bay Area Rock Fest with Angra, Spocks Beard and Jon Oliva’s Pain as the headlining acts for a 2 day progressive rock and metal festival in San Francisco.

Angra returns to North America for the first time since 2005 for an exclusive appearance in the US at the end of a worldwide tour which starts today in Tokyo around their latest album “Aurora Consergens”. Billed as the “Greatest Brazilian Heavy Metal Band”, Angra accents its Iron Maiden influences with a unique Brazilian flavor to captivate listeners in its native country and beyond.

Legendary progressive rockers Spocks Beard come back to the Bay Area with their unique mix of progressive rock with their latest album “Spocks Beard”- the third effort to feature the vocal stylings of drummer Nick D’ Virgilio. “Spock’s Beard” capitalizes on the quartet’s polished and expansive take on progressive rock, all the while adding new flavors and layers.

Jon Olivas’ Pain, the solo act of legendary Savatage singer and Trans-Siberian Orchestra composer Jon Oliva tours on their new album “Maniacal Renderings”. The Mountain King has promised a unique set which will feature songs of his new album plus many Savatage classics and songs never performed live as well as some stories on Savatage and the late, great Criss Oliva.

Other bands appearing on the bill include Bay Area bands Enchant, Zero Hour and Timeline as well as Odins Court from Maryland. Making their appearance for the first time in the United States is Australia’s new progressive power metal masters- Eyefear. One more band will be announced later.

“I am excited to bring this mix of top acts in the progressive rock and progressive metal genre” comments David Hatchell, the festival organizer. “The Bay Area has always had a strong rock and metal scene, but also a history of audiences appreciating a great diversity in music from the days of Bill Graham. I am confident that all fans of rock and metal will enjoy seeing the best of the local and international bands that focus on the best melodic, progressive and hard-charging rock and roll on the planet!”

Bay Area Rock Fest will take place on Friday and Saturday, May 4th and 5th at The Independent in San Francisco. Tickets will go on sale February 11th at the Independent box office and through TicketWeb.com. Only 500 tickets will be made available to the public. Ticket costs will be $85.00 for the festival covering both nights. There will be a limited number of VIP sponsorships available for individual patrons. Additional sponsorships are also available.

For more information, visit www.bayarearockfest.com, www.myspace.com/bayarearockfest or the Bay Area Rock Fest forum- http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/bar-fest-430/. For sponsorship information please contact David@bayarearockfest.com. The Independent’s website is www.theindependentsf.com

Congratulations. You guys are going to be playing with such talented bands. Listening to Timeline right now, they are very good. I'm sure you will have a great time and impress many. Wish I could make it.

BARFest07final.jpg

Dude! That is so kick-ass! I wish I could go to that, as every single one of those bands, I am very impressed with and love to see live (some of which I've already have). Plus, I've never been to San Francisco before either. Alas, I need to save my money and vacation as I am going to be in Wisconsin for two week in june for family reunion and the like.

Dude! That is so kick-ass! I wish I could go to that, as every single one of those bands, I am very impressed with and love to see live (some of which I've already have). Plus, I've never been to San Francisco before either. Alas, I need to save my money and vacation as I am going to be in Wisconsin for two week in june for family reunion and the like.
Yes, the lineup is VERY solid. David (promoter) did a great job putting this together!

Hope you can swing the funds to make it! :Smokin:

Yes, the lineup is VERY solid. David (promoter) did a great job putting this together!

Hope you can swing the funds to make it! :Smokin:

It is not so much the funds, but the time. Hell, I already gave up a ski trip to Mammoth mountain (which I was prepared to pay nearly $1,400 for), because I need to friggan save up two damn weeks of vacation by June to take off for Wisconsin during the summer! I only have about 3 days saved up thus far! Believe me, if I could I'd friggan love to go to this!

It is not so much the funds, but the time. Hell, I already gave up a ski trip to Mammoth mountain (which I was prepared to pay nearly $1,400 for), because I need to friggan save up two damn weeks of vacation by June to take off for Wisconsin during the summer! I only have about 3 days saved up thus far! Believe me, if I could I'd friggan love to go to this!
Yeah, its a shame you can't make it Steve! I hear you about the time though. So, you'll be in town in July? :kickass:

Yeah, its a shame you can't make it Steve! I hear you about the time though. So, you'll be in town in July? :kickass:

I am over here playing around with the numbers! I just might be able to pull this off! Of course, I'll need to find a cheap place to stay that is within a safe walk from the venue, unless I can crash with somebody and split the cost. I may be able to swing having to just take the Friday off. I don't want to hassle with renting a car and trying to figure out how to drive there from the airport. I don't know how fast those tickets are going, so I'll need to get this figured out quickly. I'll have to surf through the BARFest section of the forum to find out more, such as if there is public tranportation from the airport and so forth. I so want to go to this!

I am over here playing around with the numbers! I just might be able to pull this off! Of course, I'll need to find a cheap place to stay that is within a safe walk from the venue, unless I can crash with somebody and split the cost. I may be able to swing having to just take the Friday off. I don't want to hassle with renting a car and trying to figure out how to drive there from the airport. I don't know how fast those tickets are going, so I'll need to get this figured out quickly. I'll have to surf through the BARFest section of the forum to find out more, such as if there is public tranportation from the airport and so forth. I so want to go to this!

Awesome!! I hope it works out. From what I understand, the hotels aren't too steep (which I find funny considering how expensive SF can be) -- especially compared to the rape we all experience in Atlanta. I'm sure there will be people looking for roomates too (just like PP). I don't know what type of mass transportation exists between the airport and the venue area, but I'm sure that there will be shuttles at a minimum that won't set you back too far (and you can probably share them with others too). Tickets don't go on sale until 2/11, but I do suspect that with this lineup, the ticket price, and the relative small size of the venue that this show will quickly sell out!

Sorry for butchering your last name Rick :lol: , i'll fly up there and meet with Hough up there, it's just an awesome bill, hey is Gordon going to sing there???
:lol: Its all good Flavio! Actually it is a VERY common mistake for people to add that extra 'i' in there. Haven't quite figured out why...

Awesome dude!! Looking forward to seeing you guys and getting a chance to hang some again. No doubt, this is a dream bill for me with Enchant, Zero Hour, JOP, and Angra. I'm looking forward to EyeFear and Timeline too based on what I've heard so far. Spock's Beard are really good live too and I can't wait to hear about "this other band" that Dave is going to announce soon.

Unfortunately, no. I guess you may have miss the update in this thread: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/odins-court/271454-odins-court-new-cd-update.html.

Tickets don't go on sale until 2/11, but I do suspect that with this lineup, the ticket price, and the relative small size of the venue that this show will quickly sell out!

I think I've decided, what the hell - I'll go for it, on the condition that I can get a ticket. Unfortunatly, I am going to be away at the ski hill on the 11th (Ah yes, the life and times of the ski patrol), thus I am not going to be anywhere near an internet connection. I sure as hell hope that I can still score a ticket that evening when I do come back home. I see that there is somebody already asking for roomates on the BARFest forum, so I may try to hook up there. I should get away with only needing to take off the Friday, in that I'll try to find an evening flight on the Thursday so I can at least still go to work and not use up any leave. I think I can safely get away with using a single day of leave and still have enough for my Wisconsin trip. A quick cruise through Travelocity shows I should be able to score a round-trip flight for around $300 or so.