Odin's Court: Performing at BAR Fest! May 4/5!

:lol: Its all good Flavio! Actually it is a VERY common mistake for people to add that extra 'i' in there. Haven't quite figured out why...

Awesome dude!! Looking forward to seeing you guys and getting a chance to hang some again. No doubt, this is a dream bill for me with Enchant, Zero Hour, JOP, and Angra. I'm looking forward to EyeFear and Timeline too based on what I've heard so far. Spock's Beard are really good live too and I can't wait to hear about "this other band" that Dave is going to announce soon.

Unfortunately, no. I guess you may have miss the update in this thread: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/odins-court/271454-odins-court-new-cd-update.html.

Sorry that plans had to change, but it will be cool to see you brother twice in the same year counting pp2007 in oct.
I'm really looking fwd to your set, i'm sure i'll get my ass kicked

Spock's Beard is great live, had the pleasure to see them open up for DT a few years back here in san diego.

Update:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CRIMSON GLORY TO CO-HEADLINE BAY AREA ROCK FEST. MOB RULES AND BALANCE OF POWER ADDED TO LINEUP.

Bay Area Rock Promotions is pleased to announce the return of Crimson Glory as a co-headliner in the inaugural Bay Area Rock Fest in San Francisco. Crimson Glory marks the return of “Astronomica” vocalist Wade Black by playing for the first time in 16 years as a US headliner with the original lineup of Jon Drenning, Jeff Lords, Ben Jackson and Dana Burnell as well as Jessie Rojas.

“I am excited to have Crimson Glory mark our 25th anniversary by headlining the Bay Area Rock Fest” comments guitarist/songwriter Jon Drenning “We promise to make our fans attending the show from San Francisco and around the world bleed Crimson Glory!”

Due to visa issues, Angra will not be performing at the festival as previously announced.

UK based Balance of Power returns to the United States for the first time in 6 years with new lead vocalist Corey Brown from Magnitude 9 and Section 16. Corey’s soulful pipes add a whole new dimension to the strong songwriting and rhythmic foundation anchored by Tony Ritchie, Pete Southern and Lionel Hicks. They will be performing a variety of songs from their 12 year career, plus a few new songs.

Mob Rules from Germany makes their debut appearance in the United States after 5 critically acclaimed albums. After establishing themselves in Europe playing with acts like the Scorpions, Dio, Symphony X, Savatage and Helloween as well as the legendary Wacken Open Air festival, their blend of melodic and progressive metal is destined to make a huge impact in the USA. These elements are featured prominently in the 25 minute opus “Ethnolution” off their new album “Ethnolution AD” available on SPV Records.

“I am excited to add the progressive metal talents of Crimson Glory, Balance of Power and Mob Rules to enhance the existing lineup of the best of worldwide progressive rock and metal.” comments David Hatchell, the festival organizer. “We have elevated the Bay Area back to the leading US destination for thought-provoking and hard-charging rock and roll.”

Bay Area Rock Fest will take place on Friday and Saturday, May 4th and 5th at The Independent in San Francisco. Other acts on the bill that have been previously announced are Jon Oliva’s Pain, Spocks Beard, Enchant, Zero Hour, Eyefear, Timeline and Odins Court. Tickets will go on sale February 18th at the Independent box office and through TicketWeb.com. Only 500 tickets will be made available to the public. Ticket costs will be $85.00 for the festival covering both nights. There will be a limited number of VIP sponsorships available for individual patrons. Additional sponsorships are also available.

For more information visit www.bayarearockfest.com or www.myspace.com/bayarearockfest
Sponsorship and media inquiries can be addressed to david@bayarearockfest.com.
The Independent’s website is www.theindependentsf.com

I think I've decided, what the hell - I'll go for it, on the condition that I can get a ticket. Unfortunatly, I am going to be away at the ski hill on the 11th (Ah yes, the life and times of the ski patrol), thus I am not going to be anywhere near an internet connection. I sure as hell hope that I can still score a ticket that evening when I do come back home. I see that there is somebody already asking for roomates on the BARFest forum, so I may try to hook up there. I should get away with only needing to take off the Friday, in that I'll try to find an evening flight on the Thursday so I can at least still go to work and not use up any leave. I think I can safely get away with using a single day of leave and still have enough for my Wisconsin trip. A quick cruise through Travelocity shows I should be able to score a round-trip flight for around $300 or so.
Awesome! Hope you can make it out! We'll have a good time out there hanging out and rockin' to some killer bands! :headbang:

Awesome! Hope you can make it out! We'll have a good time out there hanging out and rockin' to some killer bands! :headbang:

Well, guess what? I AM GOING!!!!!! BTW, what flight will you be on? If need be, could carpool up to the airport, if you are coming up through Fredericksburg. You can PM or e-mail me if you don't want to put on the public forum here.

I just bought the ticket. I was afraid that I would they would be sold out before I got home. I just got back from spending a weekend skiing in the poconos. It was pretty sweet!

I better be getting some browny points for this one - friggan flying to goddamn San Francisco to see Odin's Court! How sick is that? But than again, what do you expect from somebody that spends a weekend skiing shit like this:

sno-moutain-moguls.jpg

Well, guess what? I AM GOING!!!!!! BTW, what flight will you be on? If need be, could carpool up to the airport, if you are coming up through Fredericksburg. You can PM or e-mail me if you don't want to put on the public forum here.

I just bought the ticket. I was afraid that I would they would be sold out before I got home. I just got back from spending a weekend skiing in the poconos. It was pretty sweet!

I better be getting some browny points for this one - friggan flying to goddamn San Francisco to see Odin's Court! How sick is that? But than again, what do you expect from somebody that spends a weekend skiing shit like this: <picture removed from reply>
Excellent dude!!! That's great news! I'm glad that you are able to make it. As far as flights, I've done a bunch of looking, but haven't booked anything yet. I'm actually stopping in Vegas for a friend's wedding on the way out, so I'll be leaving Wednesday morning for that, and leaving from there Firday morning to go to SF. As far as carpooling, I live WAY too far north to even be worth it and Matt is way out of the way for you too (he's going to the wedding too). But the offer is appreciated.

Good move! It looks like sales are off to a strong start! No surprise considering the quality line-up. Dude, even if we weren't playing, my ass would be on a plane going out there. I'm actually excited about EVERY band playing! Enchant, Zero HOur, and Jon Oliva's Pain are at the top for me, but it is KILLER! I can't wait! Sounds like you had a good weekend up in the poconos. You almost go by my house to go there!

:lol: :lol: Yeah, you get brownie points! ;) Then again ,you are a sick pup! I wish I had video of you throwing 250+lbs. block of ice into my swimming pool. :lol: And to think it was all melted within 15 minutes and had no effect on the water temperature! Holy shit! That's a serious looking hill. Then again, this is coming from someone who has never even touched a ski.

Looking forward to seeing you out there!

Hey everyone!

My first post here on the OC forum, but I come bearing gifts.

Check out all the pictures and videos shot at Bay Area Rock Fest 2007! Including specifically...

Pictures of Odin's Court On Stage

Pictures of People & Suff
(many of which include Rick!)

Video of Odin's Court's first ten minutes of their set

This video works now!

Enchant performing "Hostile World"
-- featuring Rick in front row auditioning for lead vocalist! :loco:
Hopefully these images will be enjoyed by the OC fans who thought 2,000+ miles was a bit too far to travel to see them.

Rick, it was awesome meeting and hanging out with you this weekend. Let's keep in touch! :cool:

--Keith

There are so many people to thank!

Of course, David for putting himself on the line and assuming the risk to put together a killer show - GREAT JOB! You are such a nice guy, and a hard/smart worker! It was great to meet you in person, and I look forward to seeing you out on the east coast. You have my number - let me know when you're in town!

And the guys in Zero Hour - we're all family, and they are the coolest katz around. Such nice guys, and their talent makes me want to give up music every time I see them; I just can't keep up. You rock for getting us in touch with Dave and helping us get to the west coast, and even more so for your generous and giving manner! Can't wait to see you again!

Enchant totally ROCKED. It was cool to meet several of you guys in person - hopefully we can do shows together sometime (an Enchant, Zero Hour, OC package would be killer).

Bear and all the rest of the staff - very professional. Given the tight schedule and stressful equipment situation, we had a lot of support and friendly help.

Of course: DREW! He's the man driving everyone around! 3 hours sleep over 48 hours? CRAZY!

And extra special thanks to all the fans and our friends who came from all over the country. There was a mix up with the ticket time, so we went on earlier than expected and many people missed us. :( But those who were there were very loud and into it, and it made us feel honored to play for everyone.

To everyone I forgot - thanks to you too!

Thanks!