ODS oh my god

I have not had a PC since my last one got burned down in my house in 2002 but i recently got this laptop & went on EBAY to find saxon stuff.
I came across this DVD called "ROCK HAS LANDED ,IT'S ALIVE" (you know whats coming) & i waited with exitement for it to come through my door.
OH MY GOOD GOD -ODS :cry:
I really like graham oliver & still miss him (Dobby is great too but i prefer Nibbs).
Someone please tell me im having a nightmare & am going to wake up.
At least i know why it only cost me £1 :puke:

SORRY BOYS -NO BIFF = NO SAXON
Even if you did start the band, Biff has the greatest voice in rock:worship: & there aint no getting away from that fact.

Why don't you guys grow up? What's this thing about ODS? First of all, the DVD you bought is years old (it's quite good by the way). Second, Oliver and Dawson are first rate rock musicians and highly respected professionally. Every stupid comment on this forum knocking them, just brings saxon down into the dirt. It's been a long time now guys - get over it. ODS are doing quite well for themselves. They are producing brilliant new material, and now don't even need to use the name Saxon any more. Any true saxon fan would love ODS material. There was only one saxon, and that ended in 1986. Now there are 2 groups, and it doesn't matter what they call themselves. They are both good and that's great for us fans - what the world needs is more rock and roll. Any saxon fan who would badmouth Graham and Steve is no saxon fan. The anti - ODS stuff on this forum is immature and degrading to the people who write this jibberish and it also makes the saxon fan community a laughing stock. Let's have an end to it!

Why don't you guys grow up? What's this thing about ODS? First of all, the DVD you bought is years old (it's quite good by the way). Second, Oliver and Dawson are first rate rock musicians and highly respected professionally. Every stupid comment on this forum knocking them, just brings saxon down into the dirt. It's been a long time now guys - get over it. ODS are doing quite well for themselves. They are producing brilliant new material, and now don't even need to use the name Saxon any more. Any true saxon fan would love ODS material. There was only one saxon, and that ended in 1986. Now there are 2 groups, and it doesn't matter what they call themselves. They are both good and that's great for us fans - what the world needs is more rock and roll. Any saxon fan who would badmouth Graham and Steve is no saxon fan. The anti - ODS stuff on this forum is immature and degrading to the people who write this jibberish and it also makes the saxon fan community a laughing stock. Let's have an end to it!
Good point well made.Except Saxon didnt end in 1986 they caried on.So they lost Dobby i didnt think they could carried on.But they did like when thet lost Pete Gill.
Yeah i agree let bygones be bygones.But 2 things bug me.
1. The name is shit.Get a new name.Its not that hard.
2.I dont like the music.

it seems that mickey mouse recruited some forum-spammers

Oh Dear! The excerpt from Biff's book reads like a 10 year old's school essay. Hope it gets better, cause I won't part with my money for stuff like this!

believe me - biff doesn´t need your money :lol:

it´s the third mickey-mouse-follower in this week :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it´s superfluous to write shit about the REAL saxon related stuff in here

because HERE are the REAL saxon fans and not just spammers who climax our puke-nerves

WILKS said:
1. The name is shit.Get a new name.Its not that hard.
2.I dont like the music.

25024238vb0.gif
25024238vb0.gif
25024238vb0.gif

at this time i remember some lyrics of a well known song:

"We did it all- we did it all for you
Once you were our friend
But you betrayed us in the end"

hmmmm :p

PARDON ME FOR HAVING AN OPINION - I BELIEVE I SAID I LIKE GRAHAM OLIVER & DOBBY DAWSON BUT TO USE THE NAME OF SAXON INSTEAD OF RELYING ON YOUR OWN (EXTREMELY GREAT) TALENT WAS LAZY.
AS YOU SAID YOURSELF THEY DON'T EVEN NEED TO USE THE SAXON NAME ANYMORE, & THEY HAVE ENOUGH TALENT TO HAVE NOT NEEDED TO USE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. UNDOUBTEDLY THEY HAVE GREAT NEW MATERIAL & OLIVER HAS PRODUCED SOME CLASSIC & SEMINAL POWER CHORDS & RIFFS.:worship:
BUT THAT DVD IS A PIECE OF SHITE - IT SUCKS & LOOKS LIKE IT WAS RECORDED IN A NIGHTCLUB WITH AN AUDIENCE WHO ARE ABOUT AS ENTHUSIASTIC AS SHANE MCGOWAN AT A DENTIST CONVENTION.:puke: IT IS OBVIOUS THAT MUCH OF THE FOOTAGE WAS SHOT EARLIER IN THE DAY & EDITED IN WITH THE REAL GIG & ALTHOUGH THE SOUND IS EXCELLENT & THE SONGS ARE WELL PERFORMED, THE WHOLE THING LOOKS A BIT EMBARRASSING & SHOULD HAVE BEEN BENEATH OLIVER/DAWSON.
& SO WHAT IF IT'S A FEW YEARS OLD, I DIDN'T KNOW THAT THE AGE OF THE DVD PRECLUDED ME FROM VOICING AN OPINION ON IT- YOU KNOB.
OH I'M SORRY, DID I JUST VOICE AN OPINION ON A FORUM OF ALL PLACES.
WHAT A SILLY CHILD I AM - I BETTER GO AWAY & GROW UP.
OH & WHILE I'M AT IT, WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TO SAY WHO IS & IS NOT A SAXON FAN.
I VOICED AN OPINION JUST LIKE YOUR OPINION THAT THERE WAS ONLY ONE TRUE SAXON THAT ENDED IN 86(WHICH IN MY OPINION IS UTTER BOLLOCKS)
BUT CUSHING- MAYBE I SHOULDN'T SAY THAT AS YOU OBVIOUSLY THINK YOU OWN & WROTE THE SAXON RULE BOOK.
DO YOU OWN THE RULES TO FANDOM ON ANY OTHER BANDS COS I WOULDN'T DREAM OF PISSING YOU OFF IN FUTURE.:hotjump:

everybody has a right to there opinions and no ones is more valid than the next guy
for what its worth heres mine
saxon matured as a band when nibbs joined , the songwriting became sharper and when doug joined the band the guitars became tighter, i have no problems with graham oliver or steve dawson whatsoever they wrote and performed some great tracks and helped to set the spirit free , but times move on and if they had formed a new band with a new name then i think that saxon fans would have backed both bands ,as that didnt happen and there was so much accromony then saxon fans made there choice and ods lost out , many a group has been formed by the leaving of band members, do you think megadeth would have become so big if they had called themselves dave mustaines metallica or david coverdales deep purple ,or ian purple gillan band, or gary lizzy ,michael schenkers ufo..... the list goes on
i have given ods a listen and have found there music not to my liking that withstanding i wish them all the success.......
as a post script if saxon died in 86 then why oh why is there not a clammer for the original members to rejoin saxon.. tell you why its because the people who replaced them have taken the band to a bigger and better place
it really is a shame that over the past couple of weeks people have begun to argue and fall out on this forum its a fans forum afterall ,please respect that

Hi Hodgepig007 and welcome

I also bought the dvd off ebay for a grand total of £1 ( and yes I did know what was coming....)

I had bought the SonofaBitch - Victim You album when it was first released purely by chance after seeing it at the local HMV under the Saxon section.
Although not a great album there were a few bits that I didnt mind.

(bear in mind this was before I had the ol' internet and prior to the name change, mud slinging, court apearances etc)

I then thought I would have a listen to the relanded album....oh dear......good music shame about the vocals.
I had also heard about the dvd so when it came up CHEAP on ebay I thought it couldnt be as bad as everyone was saying on the web.............

I agree with everything hodgepig007 and Mr Sykes have said, talk about cringeworthy. Who in there right mind would call a dvd 'Its Alive' when you can clearly se it isnt? (OK you can all write in with other bands who have done the same, but hopefully you can see what Im getting at)

I do have one question regarding the dvd

I think it is in the 'extra - bonus' bit. The band are playing on stage somewhere and there is a huge backdrop of what appears to be the cover for the Dogs of War album. Did Graham take this when he left or is it just a coincidence.

Strange question but it has been bugging me for a while

At the end of the day Saxon is Biff And Biff is Saxon (in my opinion)

Bloody hell - what, with this thread and the one about us losing our money on the cancelled gigs, and the one slagging the germans off, it seems like there's a lot of irritable people on here at the mo...and I thought it was just women that got hormonal!! :lol: :D

everybody has a right to there opinions and no ones is more valid than the next guy
saxon matured as a band when nibbs joined , the songwriting became sharper and when doug joined the band the guitars became tighter, i have no problems with graham oliver or steve dawson whatsoever they wrote and performed some great tracks and helped to set the spirit free , but times move on and if they had formed a new band with a new name then i think that saxon fans would have backed both bands ,as that didnt happen and there was so much accromony then saxon fans made there choice and ods lost out , many a group has been formed by the leaving of band members, do you think megadeth would have become so big if they had called themselves dave mustaines metallica or david coverdales deep purple ,or ian purple gillan band, or gary lizzy ,michael schenkers ufo..... the list goes on
i have given ods a listen and have found there music not to my liking that withstanding i wish them all the success.......
as a post script if saxon died in 86 then why oh why is there not a clammer for the original members to rejoin saxon.. tell you why its because the people who replaced them have taken the band to a bigger and better place
it really is a shame that over the past couple of weeks people have begun to argue and fall out on this forum its a fans forum afterall ,please respect that

TOP POST Tim, eloquent as ever :worship:

That pretty much sums it up in my opinion.