OFF TOPIC: Detonation - AH FUCK ME

The Don

Oct 29, 2004
Evergreen, Colorado USA
This has nothing to do with Kalmah but everyone here seems like sensible human beings. What the fuck is up with Detonation?! Why did it take me 6 years of being retardedly obsessed with everything deathly and metal to find these guys.

For all of you who haven't heard, they are a melodic death metal band from Holland. While melodic death is about as alive as metalcore at the moment, these guys just get it right every fucking disc! Their first disc, "An Epic Defiance" laid the groundwork of stupidly tight rythms and blasphemic melodicy. But their 2nd disc "Portals to Uphobia" should be considered a fucking classic CD up there with the best of them, yet I haven't heard anyone ever mention them! Even their new cd "Emission Phase" is superb, though a bit different from their first two outings. If you haven't heard of them go pick up ANY of their albums. It's fucking great shit. That is all.

Oh the whole point of this thread was to discuss Detonation if you like them! Favorite songs? Thoughts on their unique structures? Anyone heard the interlude on "Structural Deceit"? Any thoughts or comments are welcome I'm hopelessly, somewhat homoerotically, obsessed with this shit.