OFF TOPIC: - Dragonforce - Ultra Beatdown

The Don

Oct 29, 2004
Evergreen, Colorado USA
So it already leaked. I know talking about leaks is generally frowned upon, but this forum is about as dead as that deer I saw on the side of the road tonight.

So the new CD is faster, more melodic, epic, technical, and interesting than any of their other albums, which is saying a lot. Seriously they just tear it up the whole disc, throwing in some neo classical stuff too. Very cool. If anyone wants to discuss, please do!:kickass:

It's nowhere as good as you claim. Average, same level if not lower than Inhuman Rampage, and nowhere near Sonic Firestorm or Valley of the Damned.

Sorry man, I might have came off as a bit brash in my post... but honestly, I only found there to be two songs of any value on this CD. The Fire Still Burns (I think the track you're referring to?) and Heartbreak Armeggedeon. TFSB reminds me of Sonic Firestorm more than Valley, but it's cool. HA similarly reminds me of SF. The song that reminds me of Valley is A Flame For Freedom, which is like the shit version of Starfire.

Everything else on the album, to me, they've done before. If you have Sonic Firestorm and Inhuman Rampage you don't need this album, as it's essentially a remix of both IMO.

I got into Dragonforce in early 2000 through their demos, and then VotD when it was released, so maybe I'm just tired of hearing the same old stuff. The people who were introduced around the SF/IR seem to have more of a tolerance for this stuff.

Ehhhh.... Dragonforce. After I heard my first Dragonforce song I was like "Woah, that was sweet!" and then the next track came on and I was like "Alright, yeah, that's enough." I can't even really tell the difference between most of their songs.

I still hold true to the super laser steroidical guitar playing being ultra super steroidical and laser like. I've been drinking a lot this summer so this disc has been far more enjoyable than VoD, SF, or IR, even though they all slay.

Anyways.... WTF Skyfire?