New Dragonforce due in August

adaher

Apr 18, 2004
Coral Springs, FL
New York, NY: Attention heavy metal warriors and guitar heroes across the land. DragonForce are pleased to announce Ultra Beatdown as the title of their forthcoming new album for Roadrunner Records, due in stores on August 26.
Ultra Beatdown is an epic, sweeping, grand collection of infectious guitar anthems that'll inspire all who listen to either pump their fists in the air or pick up a guitar, whether it be real or virtual. DragonForce's single from 2006's Inhuman Rampage, "Through The Fire and Flames," exploded on the public beyond the metal world thanks to its appearance on the massively popular guitar simulator game. The single has been RIAA certified Gold in the US, with the album scanning over 300,000 copies (and counting) to date.
The track listing for Ultra Beatdown is as follows: 1. Heroes of Our Time, 2. The Fire Still Burns, 3. Reasons to Live, 4. Scars of Yesterday, 5. Heartbreak Armageddon, 6. The Last Journey Home, 7. Inside the Winter Storm, 8. The Warrior Inside.
DragonForce will spend the summer as a main stage attraction on the inaugural Rockstar Energy Mayhem tour, which features labelmates/headliners Slipknot, as well as Disturbed, Machine Head, Mastodon, and Airbourne, to name a few. DragonForce will undoubtedly tear up the stage with their blend of guitar acrobatics, traded off by the virtuosos known as Herman Li and Sam Totman, as well as the soaring, room-filling vocals of ZP Theart. Bassist Fredric Leclerq and drummer Dave Mackintosh continue to fortify the band's rhythmic backbone, while Vadim Pruzhanov laces the band's power sound with keys.

Ultra Beatdown. Love that title. I guess that means they aren't changing the sound much, except to play even faster. Which works just fine for me.

And 300,000 units sold in the US? Amazing for a power metal band. We need to get Edguy on the next Guitar Hero.

I couldn't expect anything better than ULTRA BEATDOWN for the title of their new album.

Stupidest album name ever, then again, it's Dragonforce... Not surprising.

ULTRA BREAKDOWN EXTREME!!!

That ... was ... perfect. And downright frightening. When I saw one of the song titles in yellow float by, I really didn't notice the song changing :erk: The others were really similar, but that one change was damn near non-existent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what's more predictable; the repetitive nature of Dragonforce's writing, or the hoards of foregone conclusions who jump at any chance to badmouth them. Seriously, everyone has offered their feelings ad nauseam on the band at this point. We all get it, you don't like them. If you don't like'em then how about just ignoring the thread?

I think Dragonforce is awesome. All I ask for in my music is great melodies and hooks, and this band delivers. If I get 3-minute solos, blast beats, and insane speed while still keeping the melody, that's a nice bonus.

Oh my god that video killed me. :lol: Can this band get any more unoriginal? Every song just seems to be recycled material from the previous one. And Ultra Beatdown? Come on guys.

No they're not.

Curious, what would qualify a "good musician" to you? I don't see the claim that these guys aren't technically proficient and they have fun with what they do. I'm curious as to what makes a good musician. Certainly some sort of technical ability (actual instrumentation, conducting, writing, etc) MUST come into play. :erk:

New York, NY: Attention heavy metal warriors and guitar heroes across the land. DragonForce are pleased to announce Ultra Beatdown as the title of their forthcoming new album for Roadrunner Records, due in stores on August 26.
Ultra Beatdown is an epic, sweeping, grand collection of infectious guitar anthems that'll inspire all who listen to either pump their fists in the air or pick up a guitar, whether it be real or virtual. DragonForce's single from 2006's Inhuman Rampage, "Through The Fire and Flames," exploded on the public beyond the metal world thanks to its appearance on the massively popular guitar simulator game. The single has been RIAA certified Gold in the US, with the album scanning over 300,000 copies (and counting) to date.
The track listing for Ultra Beatdown is as follows: 1. Heroes of Our Time, 2. The Fire Still Burns, 3. Reasons to Live, 4. Scars of Yesterday, 5. Heartbreak Armageddon, 6. The Last Journey Home, 7. Inside the Winter Storm, 8. The Warrior Inside.
DragonForce will spend the summer as a main stage attraction on the inaugural Rockstar Energy Mayhem tour, which features labelmates/headliners Slipknot, as well as Disturbed, Machine Head, Mastodon, and Airbourne, to name a few. DragonForce will undoubtedly tear up the stage with their blend of guitar acrobatics, traded off by the virtuosos known as Herman Li and Sam Totman, as well as the soaring, room-filling vocals of ZP Theart. Bassist Fredric Leclerq and drummer Dave Mackintosh continue to fortify the band's rhythmic backbone, while Vadim Pruzhanov laces the band's power sound with keys.

Ultra Beatdown. Love that title. I guess that means they aren't changing the sound much, except to play even faster. Which works just fine for me.

And 300,000 units sold in the US? Amazing for a power metal band. We need to get Edguy on the next Guitar Hero.
:worship:rock::kickass: These guys kicked major ass in concert the last time I saw 'em! Their CDs and videos are awesome, as well! Hail DragonForce!

Ultra Beatdown?

Wow. Just...wow.

And DragonForce NEVER changes their sound. It's the same boring, stupidly fast BS they release every album.

And a band like Falconer has gone through so many sound changes in their career that makes them amazing!

But as a fan, this album title is gay! rofl. But i'll give it a listen and i'll still pay a good chunk of change to see true entertainers on stage, and to those saying they arent good musicians, you're so blind by their mainstream-ness it's hilarious!