Dragonforce Announce New Album Details

I've only listened to about 30 seconds of the one they made the video to before turning it off in disgust. The pre-chorus is a complete rip-off of Tears Falling by Freedom Call. I will not be listening to any more of this album.

Wow, the vocal melody are very similar during the "call for us, the power in all of us". Made me have a different view to DF now!

Went to see Dragonforce the other night in Glasgow and had a brilliant night! I thought they played alot better than on previous tours too! At one point ZP announced that they had a new album out and i shouted "MASTER OF ILLUSION!" to which ZP told me to "shut the fuck up!" lol. Went to the Cathouse afterwards and saw Fred who i talked to for a while(turns out he doesnt even like power metal!) and then i talked to Dave for about half an hour who i thought had much more banter and was a pretty cool guy!

Went to see Dragonforce the other night in Glasgow and had a brilliant night! I thought they played alot better than on previous tours too! At one point ZP announced that they had a new album out and i shouted "MASTER OF ILLUSION!" to which ZP told me to "shut the fuck up!" lol. Went to the Cathouse afterwards and saw Fred who i talked to for a while(turns out he doesnt even like power metal!) and then i talked to Dave for about half an hour who i thought had much more banter and was a pretty cool guy!

hahaha.....love the Master of Illusion comment and response! Awesome!:headbang:

Why is he in DF if he doesn't like power metal???

The money im guessing. I did think this was odd as he used to play guitar for heavenly. I asked him about that but can't remember exactley what he said cz i was pretty drunk lol. I do remember saying he much prefers thrash which i suppose is quite a prominent dragonforce influence

hahaha.....love the Master of Illusion comment and response! Awesome!

lol! i also shouted "play Glory tonight!" which i think got a smile out of Sam. I love drunken heckling!:headbang:

I dont think Sam is particularly keen on power metal either, and he writes the stuff!

Their new album has grown on me actually! I've been listening to it a lot recently, saw them in Nottingham a few weeks ago. The hih wasn't bad, good ol' Dave got me backstage and onto the tourbus after the show!

well, we know Russell Allen is

"I'm the master of illusion, master of sin
Two faced snake with this gelid skin
I will forsake you, destroy and unmake you
With all my might, I will take you down"

metal as fuck right there

Hehe... I saw them in Dublin.

Hung around afterwards to see if I could get chatting to my old ICQ/Wacken buddy Herman, but he didn't come out. Sam did though, drunk as a skunk hehe..

Spent a bit of the night chatting to their manager, drummer and Sam. I asked Sam about PowerQuest, and he chatted a bit but he didn't really seem too interested in anything other than alcohol at the time, and chasing women, so I let him be!

Their manager had some good stories, especially the one where DF got an invite to a private party with Iron Maiden, and Maiden ended up pissing themselves with laughter at Sams drunken antics! Apparently Sam is a reincarnation of Janick Gers.