New Dragonforce due in August

I wonder what's more predictable; the repetitive nature of Dragonforce's writing, or the hoards of foregone conclusions who jump at any chance to badmouth them. Seriously, everyone has offered their feelings ad nauseam on the band at this point. We all get it, you don't like them. If you don't like'em then how about just ignoring the thread?
Amen! Thanks!:headbang:

Curious, what would qualify a "good musician" to you? I don't see the claim that these guys aren't technically proficient and they have fun with what they do. I'm curious as to what makes a good musician. Certainly some sort of technical ability (actual instrumentation, conducting, writing, etc) MUST come into play. :erk:
Good point there, HC. You tell 'em!:headbang:

Dragonforce is awesome... WHEN THEY ARE SOBER.

First time seeing them, in Cleveland on their first leg of touring. Flawless. I was shocked and jaw-dropped at their performance, and how entertaining they were on stage.

Second time, at Harpo's, they were burned out. Sloppy, off tempo, ZP's voice was shot, stage antics were more stage stumblings. The rock-star lifestyle takes a huge toll on them after a lengthy tour, and they were horrible the second time I saw them.

As long as they stay sober enough to play, then they should be good to go. Otherwise, I wouldn't want to see them again if they play as sloppy as their Detroit stop.

Be honest. Can you really think of many power metal bands who do change their sound?

Thank you very much........

You guys slam DragonForce for things that many bands you enjoy are just as guilty of.

Prior to their breaking out, DF was VERY high on everyone's wishlist for Prog Power. Now they are a subject of ridicule. Musically, they have not changed. If you never liked them in the first place, then that's one thing. Though I seriously suspect their popularity is the driving force behind a lot of the negativity surrounding this band around here lately, considering how much they were praised just a few years ago on here.

I also like this band. To me they are like AC/DC, only much faster. Their pace is so frenetic, it's melodic. The negativity on this board seems like a lynch mob to me - let's hop on the " I hate this band" bandwagon just because a lot of other people are doing it.

Chris :headbang:

The negativity on this board seems like a lynch mob to be - let's hop on the " I hate this band" bandwagon just because a lot of other people are doing it.

While i'm sure there are plenty of the bandwagon people here (for what?), i think there are also a lot of people who have no respect for a band who acts like drunken retards onstage (but who's acting...) and just flat out dislike this band, myself included. Granted, few of us who DO dislike this band would be so vocal about it if they weren't receiving so much undue attention. And yes, I honestly feel that this band doesn't deserve half of the attention that they get.

Why pipe up every time someone mentions their name? Why not, if there's going to be legions of people lining up to give Herman Rii HJ's, I feel like it's fair to put in my 2 cents.

I don't think youve seen them life so you really dont have a place to criticize

I haven't seen them live, but from the amazingly large number of youtube videos i've seen, I honestly haven't seen one decent performance. Every time someone says they go and see them, if they sound good the person acts surprised, even if they're fans. I think it's more than fair to criticize a band based on this information.

I don't think youve seen them life so you really dont have a place to criticize

Seen Dragonforce live 4 times. They sucked ass in 3 of them, and did alright in the other. I don't think you should assume things without asking first.

Believe me, I wouldn't say something like that about a band without having my reasons.

Thank you very much........

You guys slam DragonForce for things that many bands you enjoy are just as guilty of.

It's because they aren't even very GOOD. They just use speed to cover up how sloppy they are.

Despite the fact that many power metal bands have a particular sound, at least most other bands are good at what they do. DF is not.

I don't know what I find more entertaining, the fact that I post that video in every dragonforce thread irregardless of relavance that comes up and the amount of people who haven't seen it (I still get a kick out of it), or that every dragonforce thread created eventually turns into "I HATE THEM THEY'RE STUPID." and "OMG THEY ARE GREAT, YOU'RE STUPID." arguments within 10 posts.

Seriously guys, get some new material if your old stuff is washed up.

Seen Dragonforce live 4 times. They sucked ass in 3 of them, and did alright in the other. I don't think you should assume things without asking first.

Believe me, I wouldn't say something like that about a band without having my reasons.

What? I seem to remember you saying that they kicked your ass.

I liked them when i first heard them, but that was off of 2 songs, but once I checked out a couple of their cds, they are way too repetitive, and they don't deserve the hype they have been given. I like bands that can keep their sound, but mature up on their sound with every new album, or do something a little different while still being familiar, like Brainstorm for instance, because I was just jamming out Ambiguity, and I keep on forgetting how awesome those guys are, and they couldn't do a headline tour over here in the states like dragonforce, but they kick the shit out of them and they totally slay live, so I just don't get it how some bands are so respected and talked about that don't deserve it, when the deserving bands just sit back and get shit on.

I haven't seen them live, but from the amazingly large number of youtube videos i've seen, I honestly haven't seen one decent performance. Every time someone says they go and see them, if they sound good the person acts surprised, even if they're fans. I think it's more than fair to criticize a band based on this information.

I dont see how one can truly judge any band based on YouTube footage, but from what I saw @ Graspop with like however many shitload of people, it looked great to me...

They're not my favorite band or anything but I honestly think everyone hates this band just because Herman Li is super-fast and they are on Guitar Hero

They are overrated but they are also good.....I enjoy them and they were extremely fun live. I'm wearing the shirt from that tour right now. This should be a good album.

They're not my favorite band or anything but I honestly think everyone hates this band just because Herman Li is super-fast and they are on Guitar Hero

So what? Iron Maiden is on Rock Star. No one here dislikes DF because their music is on a video game. In fact, I would like to see MORE metal appear on Guitar Hero, Rock Star, Sing Star, etc...