Official Cheap Bastards: Time to Purchase Your Tickets Thread

Michael TEOF

Master Whorebot
Mar 4, 2002
Schaumburg, IL
www.myspace.com
I withheld puting over 200 dollars on my credit card for as long as possible this year to keep a little more cash flow going (as a lot of uneasy people are doing this year because of the uncertain job situations, cuts in benefits/pay, etc.) But it's time to bite the bullet and get it over with. I'm sure a lot of people are in a similar situation... so lets put a little less pressure on Glenn and all buy our damn tickets already :)

I withheld puting over 200 dollars on my credit card for as long as possible this year to keep a little more cash flow going (as a lot of uneasy people are doing this year because of the uncertain job situations, cuts in benefits/pay, etc.) But it's time to bite the bullet and get it over with. I'm sure a lot of people are in a similar situation... so lets put a little less pressure on Glenn and all buy our damn tickets already :)

So your limit is what? $300.00....

I actually jest with you. I am one that lost his job this year and I am still making it out, by the skin of my teeth however. I kind of take umbrage when people speak this way however, because it is fucking hard for people not only try to make ends meet but even try to grab a little piece of the good life, concerts and the such. I think maybe Mike, try not to be that judgmental...

Bear

So your limit is what? $300.00....

I actually jest with you. I am one that lost his job this year and I am still making it out, by the skin of my teeth however. I kind of take umbrage when people speak this way however, because it is fucking hard for people not only try to make ends meet but even try to grab a little piece of the good life, concerts and the such. I think maybe Mike, try not to be that judgmental...

Bear

Uh-oh.

YOU, sir, are not a God.

--But if you pass your certification we'll slip you in as an archangel. :lol:

We're trying to figure out if we're gonna be able to go this year. Might have to go bare-bones to do it, if we can at all.

The gold badges are already purchased though, and that won't change.

As soon as this year's lineup was announced, I got with my 'powers that be' and committed for this year's.. it's just too good to pass up...

We all need a couple days to escape reality.. to just enjoy life for what it was meant to be - fun, with great friends, guaranteed great memories and awesome bands to watch...

Partake and be thankful you did - "I'm so glad I went" is bound to be your first thought when it's all over...

HELL I LOST MY JOB LAST HALLOWEEN AND MY LAST UNEMPLOYMENT CHECK COMES THE DAY I LEAVE FOR ATLANTA, NOTHING WAS KEEPING ME AWAY, I'M EVEN BRINGING MY DAUGHTER THIS YEAR(SHE HAD TO PAY SOME) I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO BUY OUR SHOWCASE TICKETS LAST WEEK. MONTH TO GO, I'M READY!!!!

That means you're not coming to D*C at all, right? (It's not as if any of the concerts there cost extra....)

Pretty good guestlist this year, I've gotta say....

no, i cant make it this year....lost all but 16 hours of my job. therefore i cant afford PP AND dragoncon. i wish i could, but being back to back weekends, just cant do it....
smack patrick stewarts ass for me....:loco:

no, i cant make it this year....lost all but 16 hours of my job. therefore i cant afford PP AND dragoncon. i wish i could, but being back to back weekends, just cant do it....

I'm gonna have to. The back-to-back weekends are gonna be murder, and for me, Dragon*Con ends on Tuesday, Midweek Mayhem and PP starts on Wednesday. I'll have just enough time to go home, unpack, run laundry, REpack, and feed the cats. :loco:

smack patrick stewarts ass for me....:loco:

Nahh. I'd smack Malcolm "Clockwork Orange" McDowell's ass, but he'd probably just twhack me in the cojones and toss me into the river. :lol: :lol:

Errm, seriously, if anyone's gonna be in town early for PP on Saturday, Sunday or Monday, just talk a walk through the downtown hotel district. 40,000 geeks, freaks and sci-fi nuts, about half of them in costume. It's like nothing else on Earth.

I'm a low life 19 year old, with no job and literally 0 dollars saved up for this fest. But I just booked my flight last week, and will willingly max out my credit card buying merch at the fest! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Buying showcase tickets as soon as the checks from the crew show up. I'm even working on getting a few people that have "always wanted to go" to get off their asses. We'll see.

Should be getting showcase tix shortly - have all the others already. Will be printing up some flyers to take to Independent Records while I browse for cds of bands on the bill.

Someone there is tracking the Fest because once bands get announced as appearing at the fest, all the sudden I see their stuff appear in the racks. :headbang:

I know there isn't a HUGE Colorado contingent - but I do see some peeps year after year (Guy!) - and a few others who want to go. Shame MoshPit Records closed it's doors, they would be down with putting flyers in the bags that people get when they busy something.

cheers
jeff