Official Cheap Bastards: Time to Purchase Your Tickets Thread

Actually I think Jasonic does understand that point (that attendees move from type 2 to type 1) and he's saying that he isn't going to jump straight to #1. It's a pure logic-based view, and it makes perfect sense for someone like Jasonic (not to speak for someone else, I'm just saying what I see).

For most metal fans, especially ones who don't spend much time on web forums, the lineup is the reason to go the first time. The experience is the reason to return. The reputation of the experience alone won't get a first-timer there. It was that way for me; I went the first time for the lineup. I went the second time for the experience. I didn't go straight into type 1; I passed through type 2 first.

The thing about saying 'you don't know until you go' is that even though it's a true statement, it just doesn't actually work as an persuading argument.

Actually I think Jasonic does understand that point (that attendees move from type 2 to type 1) and he's saying that he isn't going to jump straight to #1. It's a pure logic-based view, and it makes perfect sense for someone like Jasonic (not to speak for someone else, I'm just saying what I see).
Cool... if he already understands that point, no problem.

For most metal fans, especially ones who don't spend much time on web forums, the lineup is the reason to go the first time. The experience is the reason to return. The reputation of the experience alone won't get a first-timer there. It was that way for me; I went the first time for the lineup. I went the second time for the experience. I didn't go straight into type 1; I passed through type 2 first.
Agreed. That's what I'm saying.

The thing about saying 'you don't know until you go' is that even though it's a true statement, it just doesn't actually work as an persuading argument.
I absolutely agree it's not a persuasive argument... fortunately, I wasn't trying to persuade anyone! :)