Mayhem - Ordo Ad Chao
Morgana Lefay - Aberrations of the Mind
Nightwish - Dark Passion Play
Nightingale - White Darkness
Paradox - Collison Course
Primal Fear - New Religion
Prong - Power of the Damager
Saga - 10,000 Days
Soilwork - Sworn to a Great divide (ltd. Ed. + bonus DVD)
Spheric Universe Experience - Anima
Volbeat - Rock the Rebel/Metal the Devil
Within Temptation - The Heart of Everything

My most recent CD purchases

Pagan's Mind - God's Equation
Leatherwolf - Street Ready
Saviour Machine - Saviour Machine
Toxik - World Circus

Killer hual!

I keep forgeting that the new Pagans Mind is already out in Europe... I still thin it has anothe rweek befor eit is reelased here, but I can't wait to get that one! I have really enjoyed the last tow albums a lot.

Leatherwolf- Street Ready is a CLASSIC! I remember when I bought that long ago back when I was still in grade school. It is a bit more Hard-Rock than the other albums, but a great album still. The insturmental "Black Knight" totally rips!!! The guitar tone on this album was one of my favorites.

Toxik- World Circus is also another classic album, although I am a much bigger fan of the album after it, this album was technical U.S. speed metal at it's best! Josh is one of the most underated guitarists ever, he could have easily been the next Paul Gilbert or Marty Friedman, it is too bad he was so overooked.

I got turned onto TOXIK about 6 years ago when the bass player in K-OCTAVE loaned me thier stuff...I never heard of them before that...needless to say, I loved them! Great stuff...

My recent pick up's:

Brazen Abbot - My Resurrection
Atomic Opera - For Madmen Only
Deliverance - River Disturbance (reissue w/ bonus tracks)
Hangar - Inside Your Soul
Wicked Sensation - Reflected
Brainstorm - Downburst (promo)

Hey Shawn - good to see you here!

That Atomic Opera album is a real diamond in the rough, I've had that since I was in highschool... it got many o' spins at full volume. Many people wrote them off as another Sam Taylor gimmick and Galactice Cowboys/King's X clone, but they were so much more than that.

I just got River Distrubance a few months ago... great album! Me and Matt have been HUGE Deliverance fans for years and years. have you heard their latest album?

The new Brainstorm is on my list to buy... love those guys!

Haven't heard anything from Hanger or Wicked Sensation yet... what's your thoughts on those, would I dig em'?

Hey Shawn - good to see you here!

Thanks Dustin!

That Atomic Opera album is a real diamond in the rough, I've had that since I was in highschool... it got many o' spins at full volume. Many people wrote them off as another Sam Taylor gimmick and Galactice Cowboys/King's X clone, but they were so much more than that.

I had it when it first came out...then I didn't for a long time...now I do again. Ha! Definitely not another Sam Taylor gimmick...they were different from both KX & GC, IMO. Tighter than GC (GC had this loose, aggressive vibe) & used more notes than KX (if that makes any sense). Their subsqeuent albums were also very good, albiet not as heavy.

I just got River Distrubance a few months ago... great album! Me and Matt have been HUGE Deliverance fans for years and years. have you heard their latest album?

River Disturbance is my favorite Deliverance record. I bought the debut album when I was in high school (1989) and have liked them ever since. I like all the twists & turns Jimmy Brown has taken with the band, musically. He's very much the "Dave Mustaine" of Deliverance. Love when he sings in his "Bowie voice". Yes, I've heard (have) "As Above, So Below" and it's VERY good...my favorite since 'River Disturbance' actually...although 'Camelot In Smithereens' and 'Assimilation' are both solid efforts.

Haven't heard anything from Hanger or Wicked Sensation yet... what's your thoughts on those, would I dig em'?

Hangar is Thrashy Power Metal, cool stuff. Wicked Sensation is like a cross between Whitesnake & PC 69...very cool!

My latest haul

Iron Maiden - Live After Death DVD
Heaven's Gate - Planet E.
Mercyful Fate - 9
Wicked Maraya - Cycles

Wicked Maraya - Cycles

:kickass:
Absolutly underated album! I still listen to this one quite often.
the fllowing albums they released after this were such a bummer to their career... many critics wrote them off as a cookie-cutter Crimson Glory clone, but they are much more than that, and had such great songwritting on that Cycles album, I thought they were going to really take off. It's too bad it didn't happen and they went off to compete in the overly saturated alterna-metal arena at that time.

It's too bad it didn't happen and they went off to compete in the overly saturated alterna-metal arena at that time.

So, you don't suggest me their latter albums? Alterna-metal? :zombie:
This is the kind of music that mades me :puke:

But "Cycles" is wonderful indeed. :)

Here are some more recent purchases - some new releases, and some not-so-new releases that I have been wanting to get for quite some time.

Ayreon - 01011001 (Ltd Ed 2 CD + DVD box)
Akercocke - Words that go Unspoken, Deeds that Go Undone
Anvil - Plugged in Permanent
Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies
Deliverance - Assimilation (2-disc re-release)
Evile - Enter the Grave
Exodus - The Atrocity Exhibition…Exibit A
House of Shakira - Retoxed
Line of Fire - s/t
Lizzy Borden - Appointment with Death
Mayhem - Grand Declaration of War
Minds Eye - A Gentlemans Hurricane (CD +DVD)
Municiple Waste - The Art of Partying
Necrophagist - Epitaph
Obituary - Xecutioners Return (LTd Ed box)
Overkill - Immortalis
Prideof Lions - The Roaring of Dreams
Winds - The Imaginary Direction of Time

Dustin: Let us know what you think of the Mind's Eye and Pride Of Lions releases. The latest Mind's Eye was one of my favorites from last year, and the Pride Of Lions disc probably is my favorite AOR-oriented disc in quite some time.

Matt

Here are some more recent purchases - some new releases, and some not-so-new releases that I have been wanting to get for quite some time.

Ayreon - 01011001 (Ltd Ed 2 CD + DVD box)
Akercocke - Words that go Unspoken, Deeds that Go Undone
Anvil - Plugged in Permanent
Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies
Deliverance - Assimilation (2-disc re-release)
Evile - Enter the Grave
Exodus - The Atrocity Exhibition…Exibit A
House of Shakira - Retoxed
Line of Fire - s/t
Lizzy Borden - Appointment with Death
Mayhem - Grand Declaration of War
Minds Eye - A Gentlemans Hurricane (CD +DVD)
Municiple Waste - The Art of Partying
Necrophagist - Epitaph
Obituary - Xecutioners Return (LTd Ed box)
Overkill - Immortalis
Prideof Lions - The Roaring of Dreams
Winds - The Imaginary Direction of Time

Dustin: Let us know what you think of the Mind's Eye and Pride Of Lions releases. The latest Mind's Eye was one of my favorites from last year, and the Pride Of Lions disc probably is my favorite AOR-oriented disc in quite some time.

Matt

MATT!!! :headbang:

Wow, where have you been? it's good to see you in here!

I wanted to reply much sooner, but these singer & guitarist auditions are going to be the death of me if my daugher doesn't do me in first! :zombie:

Anyhow....

Mind's Eye - A Gentlemans Hurricane
I have only had a chance to listen to this once... it has come up a few times in rotation but it seems to be more in the background while I'm working, so I really haven't given it my proper attention to really give a good opinion on it. One thing I can say is that it is everything you might expect from Mind's Eye concerning talent and production, which is good :p

So far I can tell, this new album is a deep album concerning the structurs and theme (Kudos to Daniel once again!) so I know it is going to take a lot of attention and time for me to dig into it. It took me nearly a year for Walking on H2O to finally kick in, and I have a feeling this album might be the same. A Work of Art was the only album that hit me instantly though... I have a serious emotional connection with that abum. I still feel that it is indeed a Work of Art.

The DVD was great to watch... I LOVE how bands work in the studio and see how they interact during the whole creative pocess.

Pride of Lions - The Roaring of Dreams
To be really honest, I'm really on the fence with this one. The debut album was absolutley phenominal, However the follow up to it, the Destiny Stone seemed a bit too soft... and sadly, this one seems even far more removed.

I've spun this several times, and I can't help but feel like i'm listening to a soundtrack to a disney kids television show, and not in a complimenting way either. :erk:

The musicianship is tight, great sound, and Toby Hitchcock's vocals are of course, over the top!!! man... I would love to hear him in a band like ours.
BUT... but... the songs just seem so.... detached and less emotional, and there is not quite the "umph" of that ballsy rock guitar like on the first album.
I really need to spin this a few more times and pay attention to it just to be sure, but at this moment, it's not really high on my list for repeat plays.

A pretty mixed bag of stuff on this go around....

Anvil - Metal on Metal
Beyond Feazr - s/t
Candlemass - King of the Grey Islands
Dirty Looks -One Bad Leg
Enya - Watermark
Fifth Angel - Time Will Tell
Marillion - Fugazi (Remastered 2 CD)
Marillion - Hollidays in Eden (Remastered 2 CD)
Narnia - Desert Land
Peter Cetera - Solitude/Solitaire
Peter Gabriel - Hits
Phil Collins - Hello, I must be Going!
Satyricon - Now, Diabolical
Seal - Seal (1991)
Seal - Seal (1994)
Shy England - Misspent Youth
Slough Feg - Hardworlder
Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger
Soundtrack - Kill Bill Vol. 1
Steve Winwood - Back in the High Life
Steve Winwood - Chronicles
Steve Winwood - Roll With It
Sting - Nothing Like the Sun
Sting - The Dream of the Blue Turltles
Winds - Prominence and Demise
Wolf - The Black Flame

Well... as embarrassing as it is for me to say, I have no good excuse. However, I am partial to the hit song that is off the album due to sentimental reasons, and after watching my daughter jive to it when it was on the radio, I decided it was worth the .99 cents to pick up. :p :saint:

Yesterday I bought some classic titles that was a shame I didn't have yet.

Whisbone Ash - Argus
Rainbow - Straight Between the Eyes
Eloy - Time to Turn

Had the chance to go out shopping with my stimulus money that George W Bush sent out and went shopping for bargain discs. Happened to pick up the following:

Judas Priest- Point Of Entry (re-master)
Toto- Turn Back

As well as the new issues of Decibel, Metal Maniacs and Unrestrained. Can't have enough good metal reading these days...

Matt

Yesterday I bought some classic titles that was a shame I didn't have yet.

Whisbone Ash - Argus
Rainbow - Straight Between the Eyes
Eloy - Time to Turn

I'm not much of a Joe Lynn Turner fan, but Straight Between the Eyes is possibly the best Rainbow album without Dio. :)
I never would have guessed you were an Eloy fan! :kickass:
I only have a few Eloy albums... but the ones I have get played quite a bit.