Official Off Topic Thread

yeah..since we are a huge baseball school, the coach is very strict about our appearence. We cannot have long hair, wear shitty clothing, etc. If he catches any of us breaking his rules, he makes us run poles. and since I was a sophomore on the varsity aquad, he was extra hard on me.

1by4by9 said:
Maybe they sang Run To The Hills or Stranger In A Strange Land instead. Or perhaps they trusted the old classic "Bruce's a jolly good fellow."
But the thing was that he was flying them out.

@ Turke: BALD!!! Bald is okay I gues.

About an hour ago, I got really bored, so I decided to look at the Myspace forums. I was reading the Metal subforum of the Music section. Alot more people there like Symphony X than I thought. I thought it would all be slipknot fanbois n stuff, but in the Best Metal Guitarrist thread, when I said "Michael Romeo > Your Soul", people actually agreed!! And then I started a Symphony X topic and more people than I thought actually agreed with the statement "Symphony X > Your Soul". Much to my surprise, some people on myspace actually DO have some good knowledge of music!

Ptah Khnemu said:
About an hour ago, I got really bored, so I decided to look at the Myspace forums. I was reading the Metal subforum of the Music section. Alot more people there like Symphony X than I thought. I thought it would all be slipknot fanbois n stuff, but in the Best Metal Guitarrist thread, when I said "Michael Romeo > Your Soul", people actually agreed!! And then I started a Symphony X topic and more people than I thought actually agreed with the statement "Symphony X > Your Soul". Much to my surprise, some people on myspace actually DO have some good knowledge of music!

lies...

Ptah Khnemu said:

I'm not trying to start a fight here, but you should realize that Sym X isn't the only band out there. I always hate to see this kind of "prog snob" thought, it stains the whole prog community. One time this guy totally lashed out at me on some other forum because I said I liked Dream Theater, it was annoying :cry:

NegativeVolume said:
I'm not trying to start a fight here, but you should realize that Sym X isn't the only band out there. I always hate to see this kind of "prog snob" thought, it stains the whole prog community. One time this guy totally lashed out at me on some other forum because I said I liked Dream Theater, it was annoying :cry:
You missed the point entirely. I said that Sym X > Your Soul, and they were all like "Yeah, you're right. They're awesome!!!" I was surprised 'cause I thought that the myspace forums would all be stupid slipknot fanbois n those people. Not people of our level of Progtacularness.

And you know what? I admit it. I'm a ProgSnob. But just take into consideration the fact that I'm in a Prog Band that makes peoples' heads explode. Actually... don't, because that won't help my point at all.

Ptah Khnemu said:
You missed the point entirely. I said that Sym X > Your Soul, and they were all like "Yeah, you're right. They're awesome!!!" I was surprised 'cause I thought that the myspace forums would all be stupid slipknot fanbois n those people. Not people of our level of Progtacularness.

Myspace is the second most visited site in the US next to Yahoo, so it's easy to assume that some percentage of the millions of people who visit it on a daily basis would listen to metal.