Official Off Topic Thread

I just went on a website that never had viruses or anything, and then all of a sudden I get the stupid Trojan's all on my pc. GREAT. Luckily I had a virus program get rid of them, but now I have this annoying ass toolbar that won't go away in internet explorer.

Does anybody have an idea of how to get rid of it? The damned thing doesn't show up on the toolbar menu. (Please tell me someone here doesn't use Firefox.)

Tubbs Mcgee said:
I just went on a website that never had viruses or anything, and then all of a sudden I get the stupid Trojan's all on my pc. GREAT. Luckily I had a virus program get rid of them, but now I have this annoying ass toolbar that won't go away in internet explorer.

Does anybody have an idea of how to get rid of it? The damned thing doesn't show up on the toolbar menu. (Please tell me someone here doesn't use Firefox.)

Use Adaware or Spybot, other than that, get a "start up organizer" program and find the entries which are not yours, disable or delete them, also you can make a file search for the files "added" to your hard drive "the exact day you had the toolbar". You'll probably recognise the files which is for the toolbar easily if you never set up anything extra that day. And finally, if none of these works, install this program http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/ and it will show you the toolbar software file or files, first carantine them, and then delete them permanently.

Actually you can try the last one first if you'd like :lol:

Yes! Thank you very much, sir. It seems that the toolbar was posing as the "related page toolbar" and I was unable to uncheck it. I found it in that program and it was created at the time of the viruses getting on my computer. I deleted it and it's not showing up anymore, so now I'm about 10X happier than I was earlier this morning. :)

Yes, AdAware is good. It's free for a personal edition which will scan the entire PC. But you would have to pay for the one that constantly monitors. I just scan once in awhile. Just be sure to have a good antivirus program always working or you may really get screwed. We don't want that to happen.

Pharoah said:
Yes, AdAware is good. It's free for a personal edition which will scan the entire PC. But you would have to pay for the one that constantly monitors. I just scan once in awhile. Just be sure to have a good antivirus program always working or you may really get screwed. We don't want that to happen.

Actually, an antivirus and anti syp software which are always on background tasks aren't neccessary if you know what you're doing. They just eat from system memory and cpu time.

By the way, a simple way to get rid of spyware is to use the system restore feature of windows. (I don't know exact english of it, as i use a turkish windows).

Pharoah said:
Over the hill? What hill??? I don't remember no hill.

Hey Pharoah, i know it is a little bit strange but i wanna ask you about your signature. I always have this bugging my mind when i see such a phrase like "i don't...... no (something) or any (something)". As we are thought in school, it should be "i don't remember any hill" or "i remember no hill". So which one is right ? Or do i know wrong stuff ?

Machine Gun Eddie by Nitro is officially the greatest song ever written. :lol:

@1by4by9: :lol: where'd you find that?

Recent CD haul, comments anyone?

Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Decapitated - Organic Hallucinosis
Sodom - Sodom
Overkill - Bloodletting
Mercenary - 11 Dreams
Kreator - Live Kreation
Freak Kitchen - Move
Freak Kitchen - Dead Soul Men

I saw Cryptopsy recently, mostly just being interested in checking out Flo's drumming, but wound up actually enjoying the stuff, it was like a bunch of really skilled musicians creating organized chaos on stage. Sodom, Mercenary, Overkill, and FK CDs are all ordered due to me seeing these bands in the coming months and wanting to check out some full albums, (already heard some individual songs and really dug it, with the exception of Sodom, I've just been lazy about picking up the new one).

turke said:
Hey Pharoah, i know it is a little bit strange but i wanna ask you about your signature. I always have this bugging my mind when i see such a phrase like "i don't...... no (something) or any (something)". As we are thought in school, it should be "i don't remember any hill" or "i remember no hill". So which one is right ? Or do i know wrong stuff ?

I saw this on a shirt. It's a joke relating to someone being referred to as
"over the hill" as in "old". Hey, I'm pushing 50 a month at a time. I got a laugh from that quote, I put in my sig, thought I might throw a few people off when they see it. I guess it did!!!
Yes, it's really improper wording, but that's part of the joke. There you have it. Proper would be "I don't remember any hill". :loco:

Does anyone have this yet? I'm intrigued since I dislike his solo albums which have all had vocals on so far, but love Racer X.