Official Off Topic Thread

I seem to be agreeing alot with Kenneth lately and vice versa.

Me and Tubbs are teh leet so we've only disagreed like 3 times since we joined UM. CD Walkmans FTW, MP3 players FTL.

looks like there's some massive fucking love triangles and other kinds of crazy shit going on here. Just to continue the love, MONTU and I both like the same music styles and probably have the most extreme tastes of the regular forum goers (tubbs gets there, but doesn't seem to be as br00tal, nor as kvlt or gr1m), yet when it comes down to specifics we have our disagreements. However, MOST of the bands in his sig i agree with.

looks like there's some massive fucking love triangles and other kinds of crazy shit going on here. Just to continue the love, MONTU and I both like the same music styles and probably have the most extreme tastes of the regular forum goers (tubbs gets there, but doesn't seem to be as br00tal, nor as kvlt or gr1m), yet when it comes down to specifics we have our disagreements. However, MOST of the bands in his sig i agree with.

I remember montu saying he doesn't like thrash metal though.

Nightwish is metal, and they borrow a bit from power metal, but they are really more in the "goth chick" metal genre along with bands like within temptation, after forever, epica, etc. Though those bands don't sound a *lot* alike, the main criteria here is the female vocals which definitely does colour the music. But there are people who'd argue that, which is cool.

Nightwish: wannabegothbutnot :rolleyes:
There are no grunts in Nightwish, something I think is essential to be called Gothic metal. Not that I know all about Gothic metal, but still, there's alot of difference between Tristania and Nightwish, don't you think?
While Nightwish <-> Sonata Arctica is closer.
Too bad I know so much about a sucking band :erk:
It's like my teacher of Dutch last year: "Stratovarius, they are gothic! Don't argue with me about metal..." :rolleyes:
Och, we were laughing back then, oh yeah :)

Love...

I love Symphony X? Who else? :)

I bet I like the same br00tal stuff you do. The only problem is I don't show it. :err:

MrFast said:
Me and Tubbs are teh leet so we've only disagreed like 3 times since we joined UM. CD Walkmans FTW, MP3 players FTL.
Basically. :superduperthumbzup:

Yes, we are most gr1mest and most br00tal. However I have to keep DT on there since they were my gateway into metal many years ago.

I'm playing Chrono Trigger right now, and I just got the Masamune. Infernal Hailz to Chrono Trigger.

That was Chrono Cross, the sequal to Chrono Trigger. Chrono Trigger shits all over Chrono Cross. You're so lucky I'm not giving you mad -rep for confusing Chrono Trigger with Chrono Cross. :mad:

I remember montu saying he doesn't like thrash metal though.

That is irrelevant.

Anyway

Here is a sig I did for progmetalpilgrim.

PROGMETALLOGO.jpg

I might change it because I don't like all of that emptiness in there.

Reactions: progmetaldan
That was Chrono Cross, the sequal to Chrono Trigger. Chrono Trigger shits all over Chrono Cross. You're so lucky I'm not giving you mad -rep for confusing Chrono Trigger with Chrono Cross. :mad:
Pbbt, Chrono Cross is better. As good as CT is, it's ridiculously overrated.

EDIT: Also, I was going to edit my other post but the stupid server was being stupid. I was trying to say I think in the game you lost the Masamune and then get it again later but I don't remember so I don't really care.

Chrono Trigger isn't overrated... silly tubbs :p

But yes, you're right, you do listen to teh br00tal stuff. But can you stomach Xasthur!!??

Nightwish: wannabegothbutnot :rolleyes:
There are no grunts in Nightwish, something I think is essential to be called Gothic metal. Not that I know all about Gothic metal, but still, there's alot of difference between Tristania and Nightwish, don't you think?
While Nightwish <-> Sonata Arctica is closer.
Too bad I know so much about a sucking band :erk:
It's like my teacher of Dutch last year: "Stratovarius, they are gothic! Don't argue with me about metal..." :rolleyes:
Och, we were laughing back then, oh yeah :)

Love...

I love Symphony X? Who else? :)

Like i said, people will argue how you categorize Nightwish no matter where you put them. To me, the female vocals are what puts them just over the goth metal line, but you are right, nightwish and tristania are very different. It's hard to say... to each their own ;)

Nightwish would be awesome though if Marco just sang. I guess that's what tarot is for huh?

I just stumbled upon this completely serious semi-review of the PC game 'JAWS Unleashed' on some random site (Can't remember which...). For those who don't have a clue, the aforementioned game is about:
1) You controlling a big shark.
2) Eating people and other stuff.
3) ?.

The review is pretty surrealistic.

s_squalo_pc.jpg

If we do not care about nature, she itself will care about herself, and to us, most likely, this greatly will not be pleased! Nature indeed to the humanism and any there rights of man relates very indifferently, so that if we are continue by it to make filth, us very rapid it will not become.
In the confirmation of my words I can lead game Jaws Unleashed from Majesco. In this amusing simulator of shark they will make possible to us plenty to have a swim along the beaches, having a snack by importunate dayverami, krusha any stupid underwater constructions and turning over fragile lodchonki of unhappy lyudishek.
Not boytes' anger of hairless monkeys! Can their band of fisherman- cutthroats and it is equipped with the fishing rods of quite last models, and they all as one, they were vowed upon us to take vengeance, but fig. they us will overtake on their laughable ship! At the worst, this ship always it is possible to heat, and mountain- avengers - to eat. At the same time and podlechimsya, and force let us restore...
By the way, if human flesh to us priyestsya, we can jerk into the open sea and there on the freedom be hunted to the swallows, the whales or other even sharks. On the whole, sea - this is our house, and we make in it, that we want!

Babelfish?