Official Off Topic Thread

your wish is my command.
sf159vt8.jpg

sf160tx6.jpg

sf161sj5.jpg

sf162nq5.jpg

You win..
:worship: :worship: :worship:

How much does one of those set you back?

Amazingly. It varies in tone pretty widely with the pickup selector, from mega boomy to kinda ethereal. stays in tune really really well too. I just need to get a different set of straplocks because the ones I bought have smaller screws than the stock ones, so they don't stay in. The neck is really thin too, and not too much wider than a 6 string. It really has a 6 string feel to it, I remember trying out some 7's back in the day and hating how you had to get your whole friggin hand around it because the necks were monsters. Not so with this baby.

Amazingly. It varies in tone pretty widely with the pickup selector, from mega boomy to kinda ethereal. stays in tune really really well too. I just need to get a different set of straplocks because the ones I bought have smaller screws than the stock ones, so they don't stay in. The neck is really thin too, and not too much wider than a 6 string. It really has a 6 string feel to it, I remember trying out some 7's back in the day and hating how you had to get your whole friggin hand around it because the necks were monsters. Not so with this baby.

Nice, that WOULD HAVE been my next guitar if it weren't for the basswood body. I'm quite fond of Alder and Mahogany.

I'd love to live in europe. It's not an "it's better than fucking america" thing. it's just that it'd be awesome. Europe has so much interesting history and culture and architecture that america just doesn't have.

As expressed by some of my fellow forumers, Europe is great to visit but I wouldn't want to live there... I'd spend a few years there max. Don't get me wrong; some of the most beautiful buildings and scenery I've ever seen were in Europe. America is rich in history, too. Have you ever been to Philadelphia or Washington, D.C.? It's not Stonehenge or the Acropolis, but there are awesome landmarks and such there as well, and you're definitely missing out if you've never been.

Things in Europe are so expensive you wouldn't believe it! I would go through money like it was water and it wasn't even intentional. Something would cost, say, 5 Euros and I wouldn't think anything of it; but when I would do the exchange in my head most things would be much cheaper in the states. I'm willing to pay for stuff at high prices, just not for the rest of my life. Knowing that I was paying 10 Lei for something that I could get in a Harlem dollar store used to drive me nuts.

MrFast wrote:
I have no bills to pay, so I'm saving up for a Carvin Custom DC727. It's gonna be sweet.

That'd be great! Carvin's seem fantastic (Tony MacAlpine uses one, that's good enough for me... :lol: )

NOw I've paid my uni fees for this semester, I can finally start saving for this elusive LAG Arkane 1000 again, hopefully within a couple of months I'll be able to post some pictures of me with one... :D

Beelzebub said:
Have you ever been to Philadelphia or Washington, D.C.? It's not Stonehenge or the Acropolis, but there are awesome landmarks and such there as well, and you're definitely missing out if you've never been.

puts hand up.. IVE BEEN! to philly that is..

meh, wasnt really impressed with that particular american city anyway..maybe the others are nicer..

I've been to Kenya and Mauritius, which are the only times I've been overseas, but I'd definately love to visit Europe, especially Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Germany etc. I have a lot of heritage over there, and I've always been fascinated by Scandinavia, so I reckon it would be awesome!!! Sometimes I wish I was a knight or a viking, that woulda been pretty cool... :lol:

me too. but i wanted a hot 7 and for the price... well... i can't afford a Universe (ideal case) anyway.

Definately got a hot 7, and would the Universe really be worth the extra $$ (I don't know the answer to this having played neither...)

Hell, only ibanez 7 I've had my hands on was just a normal RG 7 (finished in the vampire kiss red, which is just sex) and I was almost ready to buy it on the spot it felt so good.... so the prestige would be another step up again.

progmetalprilgrim said:
Sometimes I wish I was a knight or a viking, that woulda been pretty cool...
Man, being a knight or a viking would be too much effort... All that raping and pillaging, meh. I'd rather just sit back with my beautiful nordic wife and be like:
"Hey Baby, wanna look at my axe?" *insert rocking 80's solo here*

I know what you mean Yaz, but the thing is that i don't find american history particularly interesting in comparison with European history. Plus there's a sense of awe standing in a 12th century castle that you just can't match by looking at any of the american stuff. Just IMO.

Definately got a hot 7, and would the Universe really be worth the extra $$ (I don't know the answer to this having played neither...)

Hell, only ibanez 7 I've had my hands on was just a normal RG 7 (finished in the vampire kiss red, which is just sex) and I was almost ready to buy it on the spot it felt so good.... so the prestige would be another step up again.
I got my RG-7 used from Guitar Center for like 300. It plays great and the guy said that it had Dimarzios in it, but I don't believe that for a second. It just sounds weak and powerless. It plays great, and as soon as I drop my new pickups in it, it'll be one of my favorite axes again.