Official Off Topic Thread

I know what you mean Yaz, but the thing is that i don't find american history particularly interesting in comparison with European history. Plus there's a sense of awe standing in a 12th century castle that you just can't match by looking at any of the american stuff. Just IMO.

Well of course, but I don't feel the need to pack up and move to experience those things.

I know what you mean Yaz, but the thing is that i don't find american history particularly interesting in comparison with European history. Plus there's a sense of awe standing in a 12th century castle that you just can't match by looking at any of the american stuff. Just IMO.

That's true, and medieval castles/churches are teh metalz!

puts hand up.. IVE BEEN! to philly that is..

meh, wasnt really impressed with that particular american city anyway..maybe the others are nicer..

Most of Philly is a hellhole. All big cities have their blemishes, but I would go to San Francisco or Boston.

I would love to live in any of Finland, Sweden or Norway, I reckon it would be fantastic, maybe I could even find enough members for a band... :erk:

In Norway, you would have to be a black metal band...

Agreed!

But, Belgium FTW. Highest brewpubs per capita of any nation in the world. Absolutely can't go wrong with that.

And I used to live there as a young'un; so, I have some fond memories I would like to revisit (as Kenneth gushed about in Friday Five - hopefully he stopped in to say hi to Fritz Maytag at the Anchor).

Haha, I was born in Erfenbach. I was too young to taste the beer though.

Although I do want to spend a few years in Europe, you gotta admit that it's kinda cool to live in a place that was once known as "the new world."

And I think we do have cool history in America - it might not be as old, but it's still important stuff. Maybe I think so because I live in Pennsylvania, where like half of it happened. :loco: