Official Off Topic Thread

SilentRealm said:
yeah baby forget romeo, fareri is the fucking GREATEST musician EVER!!!! and anyone who thinks differently has NO TASTE!!!!!! in fact, I'm seriously thinking of forfeiting my symphony x fanship to join francisco fareri's instead.. think someone so great would have me?

im not sensing any sarcasm am i? :err:

Taliwakker: i can see where your coming from, i wont defend angelo cause i dont particularly like him either, or ferrari only because i think he has potential, how he uses it is up to him.. COoley on the other hand can write good melodies and songs(imo at least), but like hes said in countless interviews, his entire intention was to be as intense as possible on his first solo album because he wanted to recreate and improve upon for other people the same sense of virtuosity and intensity he got when h first heard guys like lane and gilbert.

Meedleyx10 said:
speaking of pointless, close-minded posts made by complete idiots........

angelo's jazz fusion stuff isnt anything unique or special.....if you want shred-fusion listen to shawn lane. and why dont you post things after you've ACTUALLY HEARD THEM.....not something you've "heard reports on"
Hmmmm, God forbit being a wee bit curious :Smug: I suppose I'm ONLY allowed to listen to EXTRREEEEEMMMM SHREEAAAD fusion like Shawn Lane (RIP:( ). Because guys like Scofield and Methaney are crap because they don't shred.

Meedleyx10 said:
I love how just because you post your OPINION on something it is automatically a fact.....so just because you dont put IMO it is no longer an opinion and becomes a fact? well hows this one: YOUR AN IDIOT!(no imo)
Someones a bit sensitive and immiture? Well tell me, do you seriously think I beleive IT'S A FACT that Cooley sucks because I said it was a fact? If you do then.........YOUR AN IDIOT ( NO IMO!!!!!!AAGHGHA!!!)!!!!!:hotjump: :hotjump:

Meedleyx10 said:
BTW, i havent heard you play so i wont say for certain (see how that works?), but im willing to bet my life that COOLEY OWNS YOU A HUNDRED TIMES OVER....IMO!
This is just stupid, In my humble, open minded, sugar coated, smiley face opinion.

SilentRealm said:
yeah baby forget romeo, fareri is the fucking GREATEST musician EVER!!!! and anyone who thinks differently has NO TASTE!!!!!! in fact, I'm seriously thinking of forfeiting my symphony x fanship to join francisco fareri's instead.. think someone so great would have me?
Hahahahah!

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
Hmmmm, God forbit being a wee bit curious :Smug: I suppose I'm ONLY allowed to listen to EXTRREEEEEMMMM SHREEAAAD fusion like Shawn Lane (RIP:( ). Because guys like Scofield and Methaney are crap because they don't shred.

Someones a bit sensitive and immiture? Well tell me, do you seriously think I beleive IT'S A FACT that Cooley sucks because I said it was a fact? If you do then.........YOUR AN IDIOT ( NO IMO!!!!!!AAGHGHA!!!)!!!!!:hotjump: :hotjump:

This is just stupid, In my humble, open minded, sugar coated, smiley face opinion.

Touche....Touche

Damn, you remind me of the 13 year olds over at the metallica boards

Nobody said you had to listen to only extreme shred fusion, i like metheney and scofield too (though i wouldnt consider them fusion, more straight up jazz) but if you are going to say something about Angelo's fusion playing, listen to it first. Then feel free to tell me how great of a fusion player you think he is.

If you dont think its a fact that Rusty sucks, then dont present it like it is a fact....if you present yourself as arrogant and closeminded i would accuse you of being either. Had you presented it as an opinon i would have gladly listened to you.

If actually listening to people before forming opinions, respecting opinions, and understanding that my opinion isnt gospel makes me an idiot.....then i must be one of the dumbest motherfuckers on this board...especially in comparsion to you :)

Okay whatever man, drop it. Misunderstanding on both ways. I thought you were seriously thinking that I beleived it was a fact. And I still don't know what the problem is about being interested in Mike Angelo's fusion stuff. Plus, I was obviously being sarcastic when I said "YOUR AN IDIOT ( NO IMO!!!!!!AAGHGHA!!!)!!!!!:hotjump: :hotjump: "...That was throwing back what you said to me.
How much more can a person give than his opinion? I respect people's opinions. Mabey I should of rephrased my original statment about Cooley. There has been few incidents were I havent been exactly respectful on this board (like most people), but I'm not some 13 year old juvenile Metallica-board dickhead....how many 14 year olds do you see liking jazz and fusion.
Plus you have to admit, your post wasnt exactly mature or intelligent either:err: Two-way street here, mate.

Lets just forget about this shit and just talk about the good stuff....music.

So....anyone dig Scofield or Methany here???

Metheny is one of my favourite guitar players ever. I used to like Scofield way too much, and I "only" like it vey much now :). What I like about Metheny is that he can give way to other instruments and melodies without suffering... something most guitar players can't do (especially in the metal world). Also Lyle Mays (the keys in Pat Metheny Group) is one of the best keyboardists ever.

Anyone interested in football? Oops, soccer... Damn these jokes.. You americans hate soccer, but there's a lot europeans here too. And some australians... Rugby? They are playing final rounds in Champions' league and uefa cup, so, at least someone here must be noticing these. On wednesday Chelsea vs. Monaco. Monaco, go, go! :headbang: Milan is da best! Damn it (4-0)! :confused:

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
I'm not some 13 year old juvenile Metallica-board dickhead....how many 14 year olds do you see liking jazz and fusion.
Huh, I wasn't aware of a connection between the music one listens to and their level of maturity.

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
Okay whatever man, drop it. Misunderstanding on both ways. I thought you were seriously thinking that I beleived it was a fact. And I still don't know what the problem is about being interested in Mike Angelo's fusion stuff. Plus, I was obviously being sarcastic when I said "YOUR AN IDIOT ( NO IMO!!!!!!AAGHGHA!!!)!!!!!:hotjump: :hotjump: "...That was throwing back what you said to me.
How much more can a person give than his opinion? I respect people's opinions. Mabey I should of rephrased my original statment about Cooley. There has been few incidents were I havent been exactly respectful on this board (like most people), but I'm not some 13 year old juvenile Metallica-board dickhead....how many 14 year olds do you see liking jazz and fusion.
Plus you have to admit, your post wasnt exactly mature or intelligent either:err: Two-way street here, mate.

Lets just forget about this shit and just talk about the good stuff....music.

So....anyone dig Scofield or Methany here???

Agreed, i apologize if i came off as an ass, but when people make ignorant posts (or at least ones that i perceive to be ignorant not knowing that they were joking/being sarcastic) i tend to own them :) . Cooley is one of my fav musicians and i have talked to the guy on numerous occasions and he is nothing but a great guy with great music (imo :) ) and it pisses me off when people flame people like that, or anyone for that matter without a good reason. If you dont like cooley great, i can respect that, i responded to the way you stated your opinion, not the opinion itself. Theres absolutely nothing wrong with liking Angelos fusion stuff, but (correct me if im wrong please) you said that you had heard his fusion stuffis good, and not that you had actually heard it. Personally, i dont think its anything special or unique, but again just an opinion. Thats cool that you like fusion and jazz, but i dont think that has anything to do with your maturity/intelligence level (somone already said that though). Regardless, lets go ahead and forget about this and i look forward to friendly mature conversations with you and the rest of the board.

I actualy dont like scofiled, def a good player but not really my cup of tea. I dohowever like metheney a lot. OUr jazz band was going to do one of his songs (full circle) and i was really looking forward to it, but our director changed his mind because of the brass section (damn horn players :erk: ). Im actually much more of a fusion guy than straight up jazz though.

Now, talking seriously, I do think pearl jam is a great band. Musical ability is not only about technique. It has to do also with creativity, composing and a lot of stuff. Take for example the Beatles. They didn't know shit about music theory, had almost no technique, and didn't do fast and difficult songs, yet their song 'Norwegian Wood' is teached at Berklee in Harmony IV.
If it were only about technique, then this guy fareri (that was mentioned herea while ago and caused the hell of a mess) would be one of the greatest musicians in history (which I don't think he is, I would rather not listen to anything than to listen to his music). Learn to appreciate simple, nice music. The real problem with technique is not having or not having, it is if playing something you don't have the ability for.

ElPredicador said:
Now, talking seriously, I do think pearl jam is a great band. Musical ability is not only about technique. It has to do also with creativity, composing and a lot of stuff. Take for example the Beatles. They didn't know shit about music theory, had almost no technique, and didn't do fast and difficult songs, yet their song 'Norwegian Wood' is teached at Berklee in Harmony IV.
If it were only about technique, then this guy fareri (that was mentioned herea while ago and caused the hell of a mess) would be one of the greatest musicians in history (which I don't think he is, I would rather not listen to anything than to listen to his music). Learn to appreciate simple, nice music. The real problem with technique is not having or not having, it is if playing something you don't have the ability for.
:worship:I've NEVER heard a better explanation.:worship:

ElPredicador said:

:worship: Yeah! How long did you write this??! :Smokin: Technique is really NOT all at all. SX songs are great compositions, not just showing their playing skills. I'm not into Beatles, but I'm sure that millions of people cannot be wrong! :)