Official RC Snobby Beer Purchases Thread

Has anyone ever partied with monks? I would imagine that would be a night full of great beer and a lot of awkward guilt-laden homoeroticism.

drank some great lakes karma citra ipa last night

pretty good

picture stolen from net because why not

IMG_2960.jpg

Contains Alcohol [/dorian] Whoa, are those coasters made out of bleu cheese?! [/shecky]

I drank something from the Bruery a few weeks ago, it was good. That place is about an hour from me. I've never been. I'll probably never go.

I just consumed a Stone Hibiscusicity, part deux of their Stochasticity Project. It was pretty okay. The first one, Quadrotriticale, was amazing.

Umm, it IS blue cheese...stilton, of course.

Only an hour away?! Jesus Christ, I'd be a regular. Seriously.

If you dig dirty chai, you need to check out the latest Stone collaboration; Xocoveza. Shit is GAYMAZING. And, I think Stone has become vastly overrated in recent years...especially all the collab and dumb shit they have been doing. But THAT fucking beer. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

An hour drive into Orange County is more akin to torture for me, I don't wander west unless music dictates. And even then, I usually bitch. Of course, the fact that my favoUrite brewery, Hangar 24, is within walking distance from home, that makes my beering pretty well set. Said it before, but I can't recommend their stuff highly enough. It takes the California beer style, but instead of going overboard with bitterness/ABV/nu-metal/roid-rage they make very, very drinkable things.

Stone has gone from A+ to B- in a lot of ways, I agree. It used to be everything was gaymazing, now you have to pick and choose. But that's okay, as long as they still do their thang, I'm good with it. And their palace in Escondido is unreal. Hedonism incarnate, just add hookers! I'll try the Xocoveza if I see it, as I do quite enjoy a dirty chai. Right now I'm "enjoying" some Sam Adams Pumpkin Thing. It's okay, I suppose.

. And their palace in Escondido is unreal. Hedonism incarnate, just add hookers! I'll try the Xocoveza if I see it, as I do quite enjoy a dirty chai. Right now I'm "enjoying" some Sam Adams Pumpkin Thing. It's okay, I suppose.

Rolled through there a few months back, had a blast. Goat damn Disneyland for adults. :kickass:

Current go to brew is Narwhal Imperial, 10+% chased down with some sleep aids to get me tranquil on a hot Monday morn.

Which brew do you recommend from Hangar 18?

Did the Stone Hotel open up yet? I haven't been for a few years, I'm about due really. Quite literally gained 5 pounds last I was there, food/beer/smoke, wash/rinse/repeat, all/damn/day.

Hangar 24's Local Fields stuff is usually grand, in particular the Gourdgeous and Warmer. From their standard year-round brews, I adore the Columbus IPA and Alt-Bier. The Orange Wheat is their global domination attack beer, plentiful but pedestrian. Not bad! Just not great.

I just consumed a Stone Hibiscusicity, part deux of their Stochasticity Project. It was pretty okay.
If you want really, really, really gross beerfarts the next day, this is the one for you. Holy living fuck. :guh:

I adore the Columbus IPA...

I think ye may be homering this beer based off it's locale dear friend. It was palatable, but not worth more than a remark in passing. Probably the weakest IPA I've had in sometime. Though considering the ale of fail I had prior, a red shilled off the name of George R.R Martin, it was the highlight of the tandem of blandem.

Madness, that beer is ASF! I don't let my local tax assessor's office guide my tongue, as I think they have a few duds at well (the Betty IPA is very blah, and I only drink Orange Wheat if it is free). But in a market absolutely saturated with IPAs, if you find one that doesn't appease thee mightily, I say move on toward the next bottling!

Speaking of that, I actually think my love affair with said IPA is coming to a quick close. The last several I've had really didn't do much for me, they are starting to become homogenized. But it could just be my palette, as I've had less than stellar experiences with a few IPA brews I used to love. Suddenly they all taste like Red Hook. :(