Official RC Snobby Beer Purchases Thread

image_zpsbed74e98.jpg

^nice. Pumking is a personal fav but haven't had the Warlock yet. I hear that you can't really tell them apart much. *shrug*

hooray for maybe the 3rd pic The Dorian has ever posted. (2 of which were ninja-edited within 5 minutes)

I've discovered I can do everything from a $300 iPod except compose papers and I'll be done with that next May. I'll likely throw my laptop in the garbage on that fateful day.

Anyway....this Warlock is quite delicious

Black Cauldron Imperial Stout
Bootlegger's Old World Hefeweizen
Alesmith Evil Dead Red
Smuttynose Homunculus

Never had any of these.
The Black Cauldron was some elegant tar, absolutely delightful. Thick, smoky, and requiring teeth.

My wife drank the Old World Hef. I think I tried some, but don't remember, it was weeks ago.

Evil Dead Red was excellent, a very Beer beer, quite red, quite nice. 6.66% alcohol. :mad: :kickass:

I did not particularly care for the Smuttynose. It had a little too much shoe for my palate. Oh well.

I recently purchased the following three beers:

Hangar 24 Gourdgeous
10 Barrel / Bluejacket / Stone collaboration - Suede
Gulden Draak

I've had one Gourdgeous this year so far, and had only one last year. I've gone on about Hangar 24 in the past, and maybe it's just the excitement of having an excellent brewery within a few miles of my domicile, but if you get a chance to try their craft, I highly recommend them. In particular anything from the Local Fields line, such as this glorious Gourdgeous. Just make sure to skip the Orange Wheat, that is what they have spread all over the land, but it is quite pedestrian.

I haven't been much impressed by the Stone collaboration beers, but usually pick them up anyhow. And come on, this one is an imperial porter named Suede. How could I resist?

Currently consuming the Gulden Draak. Pretty buzzed after 3 sips, and already this is one of the finest Belgians I've had the pleasure of imbibing. Now I have to work on some new tunes...

I have a bunch of new Southern Tier stuff at home I'm going to tear into when I get done with work tonight.
Too bad that'll be at like 2230.
Pics of dorian gray's beer selection pending.

Haha! And the label looks so serious. I love a good flop. You should email the company with just one word: "meh"

Just finished a Jack's Abbey Hoponius Union; a personal favorite. Now, onto a 2013 Anchor Christmas Ale. I always look forward to this beer each year. Now the holidays are officially here. :kickass:

I had two outstanding beers tonight. Ordering snobby beers upon suggestion by waitress is cool because I can never fucking remember the name through all the din.

One Belgian, one Sour. Both very good, would drink the Belgian again, whatever it was. 6 Geese A Squawkin' or something?

^^^ I love Trappist beers. The only good thing about Christianity. Will keep an eye out for that one.

That's the one. It was fuckin' good.

10 Barrel / Bluejacket / Stone collaboration - Suede

I haven't been much impressed by the Stone collaboration beers, but usually pick them up anyhow. And come on, this one is an imperial porter named Suede. How could I resist?
Drank this last night. It was very, very good. Almost a citrusy porter, but good instead of shit like that sounds. I drank 80% of it whilst falling asleep watching Jaws. The final 20% was consumed around 2am after I woke up on the couch a little confused.

Today I finally celebrated Oktoberfest by going to the local German market and buying two doppelbocks. Considering that my lineage is up to 50% German, it is almost shameful that I know nearly nothing about German beers, mostly because they don't really do it for me.

That being said, the Weihenstephaner Korbinian I just consumed was quite outstanding. And I just ate too much marzipan after a decent helping of bratwurst, sauerkraut, and Bavarian mustard. The bottle of Schlägl is now up, not nearly as good, but it's Austrian anyhow, whatever.

boozehound.jpg

Stein purchased in Würzburg by my wife when she was there earlier this year. She supports my alcoholism. What a lucky woman.