Official: Saddam to be executed tonight

I like how we are pushing our form of politics on a country when we dont practise it 100% ourselves. Out of the entire population that can vote. I wonder how many actually do. I know some people are going to say I am an idiot for not voting. But usually issues I'd like to see get tackled never do (funding for schools, road conditions, airport secutiry), or they are doing stupid shit (anti-gay marrages, setting up gov'ments in foreign countries). I am all for global peace or whatever. But it will NEVER happen. Point and case: Middle East- They have been fighting since they saw each other and it has A LOT to do with religion. I understand for the states to get $$ for these projects they end up asking the Feds...So why bother asking the States...fuck it and go straight to the top. We as a country should practice what we fuckin preach.

If you think that they wouldn't actually nuke Israel (or America) if they could, then you're a fucking idiot.

If you think they're that far away from actually being able to acquire nuclear weapons than you're also an idiot.

Please, take me to your dreamworld where humanity is good and pure at heart and massive tragedy is impossible.

In all seriousness though, they talk the talk all the time, and they do what they can to destroy westerners. Are you really so naive that you believe they wouldn't do it if they could?

You call it 'silly alarmism', I call it being a realist. If someone says "I'm going to kill you" I treat it as a real threat, especially when that person has killed for less reason in the past.

Start digging!

As politically astute as always, Steve. The unique thing about talking to you over subjects like this is that you have a pragmatic approach for an American. You refuse to jump on the blind Pro-American bandwagon, yet are pretty cautious about jumping on the OMG AMERICA IS THE NU NAZI GERMANY! bandwagon too. Damn, so sexy.

The U.N was always a puppet organisation. Layered bureaucracy is all it contributes to the world stage.

As politically astute as always, Steve. The unique thing about talking to you over subjects like this is that you have a pragmatic approach for an American. You refuse to jump on the blind Pro-American bandwagon, yet are pretty cautious about jumping on the OMG AMERICA IS THE NU NAZI GERMANY! bandwagon too. Damn, so sexy.

The U.N was always a puppet organisation. Layered bureaucracy is all it contributes to the world stage.

Hahahaha I'm kinda being a total asshole in this thread but it's only because I don't feel like typing enough to be polite. I'm opting for the 'blunt dickhead' approach. I'm not going to change anyone's ill-informed opinion anyways, so fuck it.

You been on aim much lately? Haven't had a good chat with ya in some time.

I'm aware of this, but its the hidden agenda that I disagree with. The USA's need to have everyone see everything their way.

Intervention in property that does not belong to you is wrong, until it starts to affect someone who asks for the help. Such situations have and are happening. The intervention that shouldn't be happening is the USA's involvement in nations that don't want their help. USA trying to spread "democracy" where it won't work.

Reminds me of something the catholics do.

Actually, here's the deal. We can't get our public to back us on anything that doesn't benefit us unless it's humanitarian aid or something. Seriously, you think it would fly if we just stood up and said "Hay guys, they're like suffering, their leader is a meanie, and we should do something to heeeeelp them. Let's blow a lot of money and expend American lives helping them militarily". NO.

Bottom line, we don't do anything militarily these days unless we're being threatened. No way around it, and really no one could be expected to do more. Unfortunately the concept of pre-emption escapes most people worldwide, so when we do something without first being obviously provoked everyone thinks we're assholes.

Hahahaha I'm kinda being a total asshole in this thread but it's only because I don't feel like typing enough to be polite. I'm opting for the 'blunt dickhead' approach. I'm not going to change anyone's ill-informed opinion anyways, so fuck it.

You been on aim much lately? Haven't had a good chat with ya in some time.

I'm floating about on AIM now and again, yep. I'll speak to you soon.

Actually, here's the deal. We can't get our public to back us on anything that doesn't benefit us unless it's humanitarian aid or something. Seriously, you think it would fly if we just stood up and said "Hay guys, they're like suffering, their leader is a meanie, and we should do something to heeeeelp them. Let's blow a lot of money and expend American lives helping them militarily". NO.

Bottom line, we don't do anything militarily these days unless we're being threatened. No way around it, and really no one could be expected to do more. Unfortunately the concept of pre-emption escapes most people worldwide, so when we do something without first being obviously provoked everyone thinks we're assholes.

That all rests on the assumption that the motives behind doing something unprovoked is an honest and worthwhile one, which in this case I don't think it is. I'm not against pre-emptive military attacks, nor the idea of a well trained and equipped military as a whole, just when said military is sent to fight (and die) for wars that sometimes are merely puppet shows for the rich to become richer, or the powerful to become more influential, I get annoyed.

To anyone against military action, I'd ask them to remember of the millions who died trying to stop the Nazis. Hitler and Co. were not gonna stop because we sanctioned Germany or asked them to politely back down. We don't live in a world that can do without war or the Armed Forces, we do however live in a world where they are put to bad use when they could do so much more for worthy causes.

That said, at this point, I'm against any troops out policies for the time being.

That all rests on the assumption that the motives behind doing something unprovoked is an honest and worthwhile one, which in this case I don't think it is. I'm not against pre-emptive military attacks, nor the idea of a well trained and equipped military as a whole, just when said military is sent to fight (and die) for wars that sometimes are merely puppet shows for the rich to become richer, or the powerful to become more influential, I get annoyed.

To anyone against military action, I'd ask them to remember of the millions who died trying to stop the Nazis. Hitler and Co. were not gonna stop because we sanctioned Germany or asked them to politely back down. We don't live in a world that can do without war or the Armed Forces, we do however live in a world where they are put to bad use when they could do so much more for worthy causes.

That said, at this point, I'm against any troops out policies for the time being.

Um, I guess I can't *really* argue too much, because the reasoning behind this is sound. IMO we should have gone after Iran first, and Iraq fucked themselves by still being a worthy target and Saddam trying to play tough on the world scene. Yes, there are nations out there slightly more dangerous than Iraq, but there's a shit ton of factors here that I'd love to discuss with you on AIM. I don't feel like being frank and having a bunch of idiots running in and screaming LOLOILIKNEWITUSUX.

I was never against removing Saddam and I shed no tears when I heard he was to be hung(although I basically oppose the death penalty, on logical grounds as opposed to emotional).

My problem with the entire situation is the propaganda and dishonesty. The part I find hard to figure out is whether we are in Iraq for the right reasons but need to make up the wrong ones to keep public support or if we are over there just wrecking the place. I have fundamental problems with our presence in Iraq and the motives behind it, not particularly the idea of a military force being sent anywhere to remove/disable a countries dangerous leadership.

I still think troops would be better utilised removing a variety of South African "leaders".

the reason democracy isn't working in Iraq is because Democracy isn't really working here
majority rule doesn't work because it results in the minority getting trampled

if voting for president was manditory, the majority rule effect would be blatantly obvious

klan members outnumber the total number of black people in the country, so the president would be a white-supremisist

the number of homophobics outnumber the total number of gay people, so under a manditory voting system, the president would end up outlawing homosexual sex

christians out number pagans, so if voting for prez was manditory, the christian president would prolly end up being one of those fanatical christians completely intent on converting the entire country to christianity

what we really need is a system of "moral relativism" instead of "absolute law" because absolute law doesn't take in to account malicious intent

FUCK POLITICS!

According to police and family members, 10-year-old Sergio Pelico who was found dead Sunday after hanging himself from a bunk bed.
He was apparently mimicking the execution of former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein. (Jan. 4, 2007)

000.jpg

R.I.P. Sergio Pelico.

Sounds kind of like the current president...

yeah, it does sound like Bush, but i wasn't thinking that when i wrote it, didn't even realize i was describing Bush till you pointed it out

FUCK POLITICS!

According to police and family members, 10-year-old Sergio Pelico who was found dead Sunday after hanging himself from a bunk bed.
He was apparently mimicking the execution of former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein. (Jan. 4, 2007)

000.jpg

R.I.P. Sergio Pelico.

not to sound insensitive, but good.

Why would someone imitate the execution of Saddam Hussein?

i have no idea
maybe this question should be its own seperate thread, you know an anylizing human behavior type thing